Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Nostalgia



London's Bridge Photography


The image by Ashlee Conner Tomes takes me back to when I first adopted my two boys and some of their antics

<<<>>>



This very emotional image from Lauren Campbell takes me right to the day we visited my grandmothers grave in Oklahoma with my Papa, who was always in suspenders or bib overalls. Love this submission.




I love the perspective given in this image by Jessica Moore on the stages of our kiddos...they grow up WAY too fast!

<<<>>>


 The image by Jennifer Werner McCarren reminds me of the time that I was shown a cow being milked for
 the first time by my great-grandmother and she squirted milk in my eyes!

<<<>>>

Meagan Dwyer Photography



The love letter submission from Meagan Dwyer is super sweet and a lost art, nobody writes letters anymore! Love this!

<<<>>>



The submission by Amanda Voelker and the absolute joy on the little girls face as she is "escaping" the gentleman reminds me of all the family reunions that I have ever attended! Brilliant submission.




The boy fishing submission by Beth Smith has me hearing the theme song to Andy Griffith show and watching it with my grandmother.




I love the image submitted by Jaclyn Shepard of her recreating the shot of her and her mother wearing the same hat. Super sweet moment



 The image submitted by Rupa Sutton brings National Velvet to mind and watching a young Elizabeth Taylor ride her way into fame!

<<<>>>
 
Mel Karlberg Photography

 The soda shop submission by Melissa Burroughs Karlberg is a modern Norman Rockwell painting. 

Norman Rockwell was my favorite artist growing up, and still very much appreciated in my home!

<<<>>>


...and the winner is...


Jen Dale Photography


This image by Jen Dale looks exactly like it is a movie still. The vintage set, clothing and processing are brilliant!


<<<>>>

 Thank you Snap Maven, SO much, for letting me be part of this.

 I had a BLAST!!!


 AND...

it was SO difficult choosing the Top Ten for this as there were SO many great submissions. 

I had a nice little trip down memory lane this week!


Ken Gehring

kgPhotography





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts