Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Different

Thank you so much to all the gals at Snap Maven for asking me to be a part of such an amazing community. Picking favorites was so hard because there were so many talented artists submitting images.
Here are the ones that really spoke to me...



I was so intrigued by this photo. Genetics have always fascinated me. This idea of combining two brothers into a single image felt fresh and interesting.

<<<>>>




This image is so thought provoking! It is definitely different. I felt like the woman was battling within herself between two sides of her personality. One side that is more wild, free and spontaneous and another, stronger side that is shy and reserved. And they are separate, as if to say that other side is finally, slowly coming out of her.

<<<>>>





Okay first off I just adore sun flares, but this one feels so unique to me. I love the way the light is tunneling towards the little girl, like a spotlight just on her.


<<<>>>


 
It's not just a silhouette, it's an oof silhouette and it is fantastic. I love that the little girl is not just standing on the floor next to the window, she's actually up in the window so you can see her entire frame. I thought the processing was amazing on this image as well.

<<<>>>




  
Okay, this image is just so insanely great!! I am a little obsessed with double exposures, you throw in a mardi gras mask and a cute toddler in the mix and man oh man...
all I can say is super well done!!

<<<>>>



Talk about different and just plain cool! This photo is so interesting. I have no idea how it was achieved. Was it a fish-eye lens that they covered a portion of? No idea, but the boy alone with his turquoise glasses and partially inflated pink balloon are pretty awesome. Love those pops of color too. Okay, I could go on and on, but you get the point.

<<<>>>



There is so many different things going on here. The sun flare is incredible. I love that only the child's legs are visible. I love the motion, running toward whatever is beyond the light. The colors are so bright and warm, I really love this.

<<<>>>





I thought this photo was very unique in its perspective. I have seen a lot of reflection photos before, but not really done with newborn photography a whole lot. Most times newborn photographers, myself included, focus on close-up features and straight on shots. I love this idea of a baby in their own element and remaining very unobtrusive and natural.

<<<>>>





What I thought was different about this image was how the girl seems to blend into the environment and yet stand out at the same time. You would think that because she is oof and there are so many flowers that it would be distracting and overpower her , but it doesn't. She's soft and airy and yet remains a very strong presence in the image.

<<<>>>

 

This is just so lovely. It's different in several ways. Most portraits focus on eyes or the whole face. You rarely see hair as the primary focus. I think the sense of movement is great. I love the dreamy blur as well.

<<<>>>



...and the winner is..




This image whispers nostalgia with it's grain and purposeful blur. It has a great sense of play and mystery with the masks. What I really love is the differences in their body language. The girl speaks to maturity and the boy is the portrait of childhood and fascination. This is a nod to old film days and to me it is pure genius!

<<<>>>



Wow, what a compilation of incredible talent! I am a huge fan of thinking outside the box and creating art that is true and from the heart. I feel like all these images embraced that ideal so well.
Congratulations to you all!


Paige Everson | Sweet Magnolia Photography-NY

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts