Sunday, January 26, 2014

Meet Our Guest Judge: Ken Gehring

This week we are honored to welcome Ken Kehring of KgPhotography as a guest judge. Below, he has shared some of his favorite photos, and a little of his world. Thanks for reading! 


1. Tell us about yourself...  I am a father of 2 boys, work full time at the VA in Little Rock and have a passion for photography.


2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?  I love photographs!  I have always been fascinated by them.  I remember as a child sitting and looking at family photo albums and wondering about the people caputed in the images, what their lives were like.  When I had children I wanted to capture moments of them like the ones I had seen in the albums.  I had a camera at every family function (thank goodness for the digital age!).  When my nice Jessica turned 16 or so, she wanted to get into modeling, so I upgraded my gear and we set out to change the world and here we are today.


3. What's in your camera bag right now, what do use the most? the least?  EOS 5D Mark III Digital Camera Kit with Canon 24-105mm f/4L; EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens; EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Autofocus Lens; Canon EOS Rebel T3i Digital Camera W/EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens ; Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens; Canon Speedlite 600EX-RT, Canon 430EX II Speedlite TTL Shoe-Mount Flash.  I use my 85 for portraits and my 70-200 for weddings.  I want the 100mm macro and a 35mm next.

4. What's your dream project or shoot?  Believe it or not it is the Victoria’s Secret Fashion show!  I would LOVE to work for Vickie!


5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?  I think my biggest challenge is finding clients that understand who I am as an artist.  I love to create art when I shoot, even when shooting families.  I think in my local area they do not understand my work.

6.  If you had $500 to spend on photography...
How should you spend it?  New gear
How do you wish you could spend it?  Towards the 35mm glass
How would you really spend it?  Pay bills J





7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey?  Find yourself and shoot for you!  It took me a long time to learn it, but I think I finally have.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for asking me to be the guest judge this week, I have had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts