Friday, January 31, 2014

Feature Friday with Jen Dale!!

Welcome to today's Feature Friday with the lovely and talented Jen Dale of Jen Dale Photography!!  Sit back and relax and get to know a little about the winner of our "nostalgia" theme!!





1.   Please tell us about yourself... 


I’m a 28 year old wife, mother of one beautiful girl and photography nut! I was born and bred in the north of England but am in the process of moving to Ohio (my husband is American), after having spent 4 years living in Italy (thank you USAF! lol). I am a romantic, a foodie, a traveler, a bookworm, a shopaholic, a yogi, a craft addict and, obviously, a photographer! 





2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?
My philosophy of shooting and editing is simple, elegant and natural. I don’t try and make people balance in complicated poses or use a lot of props or complicated backgrounds. I feel the most beautiful images come naturally, with people being themselves. I want the subjects to speak for themselves, no matter what I’m shooting, and bring out their own natural beauty and elegance. 





3. What sparked your passion for photography?

You would have to ask my Mum that one, it's been there all my life! I have always loved taking pictures, of everything and anything. When other projects and interests were getting put away in the cupboard, there was always a camera around for me to use and being used. It was not something I ever really thought I would make a career out of though. It was actually my husband that convinced me to pursue it more seriously. So, in 2010 I enrolled in school and I haven’t looked back since! 




4. What's in your camera bag right now?

What isn’t?! Pentax K5iis, Pentax k20d, 50mm 1.7, 135mm 2.8, 70-210mm 3.5 and 28-300mm 3.5 (all PK Mount), Olympus OM20 (and the same set of lenses for Olympus mount), filters and films, face wipes, a roll of puppy bags (great for sitting little people on if the ground is wet or using as a camera cover!), hair grips, lego, tape, pen and notepad. 



5. What is your dream shoot or project?

Oooo that’s easy! I would love to shoot a wedding or a bridal fashion/concept shoot at a theme park in the Netherlands called de Efteling! It is one of my favorite places in the whole world (waaaay more magical than Disney!) and I have so many shots already buzzing around my head just waiting to get out!





6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?

I don’t think I really had any misconceptions about photography or photographers. I know that sounds boring but I really didn’t go into this thinking “Oh, this will be quick and easy money” or any of the normal misconceptions. I genuinely went into it because I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY and that’s it! If I can make it into a successful career, great! If not, it will still make me happy. 




7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?

Don’t be backwards about coming forwards! If you don’t ask or put yourself out there, you will miss out on so many opportunities and experiences. If you do ask, the worst that can happen is the person will say no! And you will get some no’s but the yes’s will make it worth it. This is something that was really hard for me but looking back over the years, I realize how many experiences and shots I missed out on because I didn’t ask and to me that is a bigger regret! I’m still not great at it but I’m definitely getting better!




To see more of Jen's beautiful work, please visit her Facebook page or her website now...you won't be disappointed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts