Monday, January 20, 2014

Meet This Week's Judge: Amber Privizzini

This week, we are very happy to have the talented and passionate Amber, of Privizzini's Passion Photography! Enjoy reading about her secrets and inspiration! 




1. Tell us about yourself.   

    I am a happily married mama of 4 beautiful healthy children. I am very fortunate to get to stay home with my babies while I enjoy my passion of photography as I  learn, grow and perfect my craft.I have never in my life been so passionate about something as I am photography. My love lies in lifestyle and fashion/glamour but nothing fills my heart more than lifestyle. My style is moody, emotional images that speak to me and I also love soft dreamy with a touch of color. Other than photography I love fashion. I went to school for fashion so one day soon I would love to tie in my journey of photography with fashion design as well. other than that I hang with my family and just have fun and love them as much as I can. 


2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?

    Yes I am going to say it I wish I had some epic story but I don't lol. I found myself taking crazy amounts of images of my kids with my cell phone and really enjoyed trying to create more than just images with them. So one day I just said I am buying a camera and I went on ebay and bought a used canon rebel xt, a canon 55-200mm and a canon 50mm and here I am now 2 and half years later.  Honestly my kids spark me more than anything. Just being around them everyday inspires me to no end.


3. What's in your camera bag? 

      In my camera bag I have canon mark III, 35mm 1.4L, 85mm 1.8, 24-70, 70-200 and 50mm. I use my 35mm almost 95% of the time and my 85 the rest. but lately I have been making myself break out my 85mm more because t really is a sweet piece of glass. I know I need to use my others more or just sell them. They are too amazing to just sit in my bag. I am the type that gets attached to a couple and is happy with that. batteries, wipes, bobby pins, memory cards, white paper. (its for a dreamy technique I like to do) , lens cleaner, cover up, eye liner and mascara.


4. Dream project or shoot? 

    My dream project would be to shoot a moody series in paris with the Olsen Twins!!!


5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer? 

    The biggest challenge I face as a photographer is not working. I enjoy it so much it snot work to me I could literally do it all day long and enjoy it. I love to shoot I love to create in post, I love to create products, I love to teach. I love it all. and it really creates a problem for me because I want more more more. I can't get enough.


6.  If I had $500 to spend

-How should you spend it?  I should spend it on a workshop or put towards one to better myself and learn from an amazing artist!
-How do I wish to spend it?  On an underwater housing
-How would you really spend it? Probably more vintage/epic clothing for shoots, you can never have enough.



7.  What one thing do you wish someone had told you when you started out? 

    One thing I wish someone told me. was to never compare myself to others and to be myself. when I first started I was creating what I thought people wanted to see. it wasn't until the middle of last year I said I am going to shoot for me now and create what I see and how I see things that I was finally noticed and finally beginning to be happy with my work and confident with my work. Only compare your work to your own work. Don't ever compare to others!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts