Sunday, January 26, 2014

"Nostalgia" Mavenista Style




"Nostalgia" 


We are starting something a little new here on Snap Maven. 
Each week we will collect and share our own theme inspired images here on the blog. 
We usually share them on the Facebook page,
 but it's nice to have them altogether and archived in the same spot to share with our readers.


Phyllis Meredith Photography

Boys, suspenders, straw hats, marbles, dirt.... Makes me nostalgic for the 1820's that they were living in for that week at Old Sturbridge Village last summer!
~Phyllis


Jujujems Art and Portrait Studio


 My take on the nostalgia theme. We were at the memorial of a family member. All she really wanted 

to do was go to the park, but she had to sit and wait for all the grown-ups. Ironically, the man we 

were there to memorialize would have been more than happy to go play with her.


 ~Julie



A/Z Photography


 People associate me with a time when movies were pleasant, when women wore pretty dresses in 

films and you heard beautiful music. - Audrey Hepburn

~Stacy 




Alethia Rains Photography

 

  "Nostalgia, this image brings back so many memories. I had bought this necklace at one of the last Pow Wows we went to in Millington Tn, back in 2002. I've held on to this since then and was so happy to pull it back out for a shot reminiscing the old west."

~ Alethia


Lili Love Photography


 dress circa 1971

~Lili


Bo & The Bean


I usually try to have a quote with my pics, but I'm drawing a blank today. I love that these old toys 
are being remade - it reminds me of being small, when the biggest problems you have are running out 
of daylight before your playing is done, and what flavour ice cream to choose. 
~Jana


jennifer nobriga photography


this is my image for this week's theme. it's an image of my mother that i took back in the spring and 
had since forgotten about (thank you jana for reminding me). she's italian and has always hated her 
profile (and her nose), but, to me, this image reminds me of something you might see gracing an 
italian coin...and i happen to love her profile.
~jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts