Saturday, January 11, 2014

Featured Friday with jaclyn shepard photography



Jaclyn was the winner of the "possibility" challenge.






1. Please tell us about yourself...



I’m a full-time pediatric psychologist with a humble passion for photography. Most importantly, I’m married to a supportive hubby and I’m Mama to one strikingly beautiful, 3-going-on-13-year-old, who is a major Daddy’s girl.  I also have two sweet, rambunctious pit bull pups, Princess Polly Pants and Li’l Man Jack, and a curmudgeonly cat, Jules, who is mellowing in her old age. I love steak and sweet tea, express myself best with emoticons, and desperately want to be a steadfast coffee drinker like all the cool kids, but I’m just not. In my downtime, you can find me curled up in a fuzzy white blanket on the sofa, watching The Big Bang Theory, and posting puppy photos to Instagram with a sarcastic hashtag.  


 









2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?



This question always gets me. My style is evolving, but at this moment, I would say tender, clean, and authentic with a splash of humor. I like to capture the quiet, in-between moments. My goal is for my images to allow people to push the pause button.





3. What sparked your passion for photography?





Truthfully, I’ve never considered myself an “artist” by nature, and I haven’t always been with camera in-hand. My mother unexpectedly passed away in 2012 and I was left with no way to cope. Photography, a hobby my mother held dear, soon became the outlet I needed. I don’t express myself well, so I found that shooting helped me process raw emotion. I needed a way to bring peace into my life and photography has given me that. For that moment in time, I can just create and breathe.





4. What's in your camera bag right now?




I have a Canon 5D Mark II, 50mm 1.2L (insert big puffy heart), 85mm 1.8, and 16-35mm 2.8L. I always keep a small notebook, my charger, batteries, and lip gloss on hand, too.






5. What is your dream shoot or project?



 
I don’t think I have one. I love food, so I’ve always wanted to learn food photography.





6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?




I envisioned that you had to have a studio, fancy gear, tons of Facebook fans, and a sweet French accent to be considered a legitimate photographer. I’m realizing that it’s all about a personal journey. No matter where you take the images, whether you charge money for your work, or how many fans you have on Facebook, you’re still a photographer on that journey. (I really would love to have a French accent, though).










To see more of Jacyln's fascinating imagery you can visit her here... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts