Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday Favorites and Experiments



It is never easy to choose favorite images.

 I can look at almost any image and find amazingly positive elements to it.  

That being said, some images just grab and hold on to me a bit more than others.

Sometimes I am reminded of a piece of art from one of the masters.

 Other times it could be the spark of a memory from my childhood or a connection 

because I have seen that same scene in my current daily life. 

Perhaps it is none of these and is simply awe. 

Regardless, these ten images spoke to me in ways much louder than words. 









This image just makes you gasp. This was an image that took me back to my childhood and a painting on the wall at my great-grandmother's house that was done by her son-my grandfather. The lights in the boats always fascinated me as did the pop of yellow against the sapphire blue. This image recaptures that for me. 






<<<>>>








What an amazingly sweet moment that was captured here. The care and concern of one soul for another in a tiny and simple act, all painted in the most gorgeous of light. I also adore the contrasts of their expressions, two focused on the work and one intent with kindness. 






<<<>>>







This image immediately took me to the work of Henri Rousseau. A self-taught master of dreamlike images inspired not by real life places he had been but by the images of the books he studied. His mind created adventure where his position in life would not. Though this is not a jungle and has many other influences I would name, it is theses jungle like elements that make me think of Rousseau and yet create an entirely new narrative that draws me in.




<<<>>>










There is a brief window in life where chubbiness is considered adorable. Woe to those who would misconstrue it's innocent beauty as anything else. This too reminded me of a great master artist, That of Mary Cassatt, a painter who saw the everyday images around her as beautiful. This image is built with that same quality. If we are able to see the beauty in these small and seemingly mundane moments, we learn to see what real beauty actually is.





<<<>>>>







Pretty in Pics Photography

Gorgeous window light. Gorgeous curls. 

The tonal values here are just perfect and offer a full range without clipping or blowout. 

The emotion captured in a quiet moment is perfect as well. 

I love these little pensive faces and I always wish I knew what they were thinking about.






<<<>>>







 Silhouettes and a sunset.  A perfect combination of deceptive simplicity. These look simple, but they are not nearly so east to capture as they may appear. Great composition, color, processing, and story here. 





<<<>>>







This image was designated as an experiment in contrast. 

I love the timeless feel to it.

 It evokes in me a image of the silent screen stars of the early 20th century 

while still feeling modernized by facial jewelry that you would not seen in that era. 

I love juxtapositions like that!




<<<>>>







Such an adorably sweet moment captured between mother and child. If the joy of motherhood could be summed up in a single image, this one might be it. 




<<<>>>







This image made me look twice and do a bit of research. The photographer is in South Africa. At first, I wasn't sure if this was a styled shoot, though I thought it was odd to go ahead and have leave crocs on. What I eventually realized though was just how small the world is becoming in some ways. People in South Africa have crocs too! 
And beautiful children too apparently!





<<<>>>








Our last image this week makes me smile. So many perfect elements that came together here. A a balance of green used in the foreground, middle ground  and background without overtaking the image because of the wonderful pink pop of color in the shoelaces.  There is another pop of in the airborne jump and thereat reflection of the shoe and a bit of sky. 
Just an overall great image! 







<<<>>>






That's it for this week! Keep submitting! You are amazing! 
I am so very humbled each time I see artists say 
that they are honored to have their images featured by us here at Snap Maven.  
For me that is the real honor!
Thank you for submitting each week and for helping us 
to build such a unique and supportive community!

Julie Moses of
Jujujems Art and Photo Studio






No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts