Sunday, May 4, 2014

{Art} Mavenista Style




If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
Vincent Van Gogh





<<<>>>







"No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist."
Oscar Wilde




<<<>>>






“Creativity takes courage.” Henri Matisse




<<<>>>






In his preface to "The Picture of Dorian Grey", Oscar Wilde claims that "all art is quite useless". And unless there is someone at the other end of a work of art who finds value in it, he might be right.
We went to a museum. Anthony stood in front of a painting. He said, "what is it?" I looked. It was a canvas - mostly white, with cobalt blue circles. I said, "I don't know", and he said, "like it".
I'm okay with that. ~Stacy




<<<>>>







What is Art? Google states that: Art is "the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power." Art is the very fiber of the creative soul.
~Alethia




<<<>>>







"The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls" Pablo Picasso




<<<>>>





“Art is not what you see, but what you make others see”
Degas




<<<>>>





Eastview Photography

My first post in here. Thank you so much for having me..I'm honored to be on your team  Special thanks to Julie Moses and to Alethia Rains who encouraged me in the first place. For goodness sake it sounds like I'm receiving an award..ha ha! 
My take on 'Art'.
"Mom, my California girl heart is all aflutter with the Poppies!"
~Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts