Sunday, June 8, 2014

Meet This Week's Judge: Rebecca Viveash

With all the passion she puts into her work, Rebecca Viveash of Viveash Photography is the perfect judge for this week's challenge! 


1. Tell us about yourself...I am natural light nomad photographer currently living in Jakarta, Indonesia with my little family, stray animals and assorted collection of camera related objects. I love the smell of paper, dancing badly, butter chicken, opening the back door first thing in the morning, doodling, unashamedly people watching at airports with my mouth open, anything that would instantly pigeon hole me as an aging hippee and over thinking  the smallest question. 





2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?It's always been emotion for me, trying to capture emotion in this little rectangle.  Either it be a sideways glance, a placed hand or a discarded object. The smallest, seemingly unimportant gesture can hold a world of emotions if its captured right. And this is what I'm still trying to get, but it's like catching butterflies with a teaspoon.  




3. What's currently in your camera bag? Nikon, D700 50mm and 85mm and 24-70mm . Nikon FG, 50mm with film. 





4. What's your dream project or shoot? Documenting anything/ anyone with a bigger story than they allude to. And if it was really a dream I would be wearing an invisibility suit.




5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer? Convincing myself that I am a photographer! 




6. If you had $500 to spend on photography...
How should you spend it? On bills! 
How do you wish you could spend it? To pay someone to do ALL my admin, I'm beyond rubbish at it!  
How would you really spend it? 35mm fixed lens 




7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey? Nothing. I liked going into this 'knowing' as little as possible or it wouldn't have been my journey, it would be someone elses'. It's the only way to make something truly your own, in the creative world anyway. It's all about making hundreds of mistakes and u-turns and learning from them.  (Or maybe I could have been warned that I will loose about 3 lens caps a week! )









No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts