Friday, June 6, 2014

Feature Friday with Linger Photography!

We are excited to share a bit about the fabulous Leah Ingersoll of Linger Photography, the 

winner of last week's 'excited' challenge!









1. Please tell us about yourself...


I'm a SAHM first, photographer 2nd. I have two sweet girls who are full of sugar and spice.

 Good thing I like spicy food. I have a husband who is a lineman and works for the county. I

love ketchup AND mustard on my fries. I'm a huge fan of No Doubt and think Gwen and I 

should be besties. I'd rather speak publicly than swim in the ocean. Sharks and all. 

Photography has been my dream job for much longer than I've been doing it.













2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?


Emotive, clean, colorful. I love people and all of the depth and diversity they have. Everyone 

has a story and I try to tell their story in my images. Most are happy stories but I've also 

documented some heartbreaking stories as well. No matter what, I love to capture the 

moment, the feeling, the color of that point in time. I want my images to stir something up in 

people.





 



3. What sparked your passion for photography?


It's actually a little sad what sparked my passion. I probably have a small handful of pictures 

from my own childhood. Only two from when I was a baby. I longed for more and just started 

documenting my own life with disposable cameras. I have a large bin of pictures from about 

age 18 to now. Most of them are terrible, but there is always a story. Oh and I cornered the 

market on 'selfies' before the word ever existed! Lol.









4. What's in your camera bag right now?



I'm a Canon user. 5D Mark iii, 60D, 50mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8, 24-105mm 4.0


I really need to upgrade the 50mm cause I put that thing through the wringer!





5. What is your dream shoot or project?

I'm a currently working on a personal project and have two other I dream of. Two are 

inspired by women. What women experience, the work we do as moms, and the stories of 

courage and strength we all have. I want to document women, just portraits, and collaborate 

with a poet. I also want to demonstrate how no matter where we come from we have so 

much in common. 






6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at 


the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?



I thought it would be easier! Lol. I did. I had no idea about depth of field and ISO when I 

started. I went back to school to learn about photography. My professor Albert Winn was an 

amazing mentor. He really inspired me and urged me to continue. He passed away a couple 

weeks ago. 




7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd 


been given at the very beginning?

I wish someone would have told me to take a business class before I started my business! I 

really struggle with all the filing and accounting! But I make do. I would advise the newbie to 

shoot what you love first. Don't pick up a camera and immediately start charging. I will 

occasionally do sessions I want to do and don't charge for them. I do it because I love it. 

And hopefully I can buy a new lens.



You can find more of Leah's beautiful work here:





1 comment:

Popular Posts