Friday, June 27, 2014

Feature Friday with Marlize Meyer of Charlotte Heart Inspired!!!!

We're so thrilled to share a bit about our latest challenge winner, Marlize Meyer of Charlotte Heart Inspired!  She won the 'black tie' challenge last week and has graciously agreed to answer some questions for us all.

1. Please tell us about yourself...
Newbie photographer, actually a designer and dressmaker, but I view my self a “creativinista”, (if there is even such a word) always exploring new ways to express myself. I love to create something meaningful for other people. Wife to a very handsome man and mama to my precious 2 year old girl Charlotte, whom is my inspiration everyday.
(…and I’m a horrible housewife!)





 2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?
mmmm… You guys are killing, now I really have to think…
Selfish…LOL!  I say this because I firstly and mostly create images for myself. But love to create something that speaks to other people as well and that they enjoy.
Emotive…I try to capture a feeling, mood, emotion, or memory, something deeper.
Intriguing… I would love to the viewer to be intrigued by the image, To want to know more about it but at the same time the image must allow them to make or finish their own story. A reason why I love B&W. It allows for different interpretations and emotions.




 3. What sparked your passion for photography?
Capturing the precious moments and memories in Charlotte’s little life is my main inspiration at the moment.
But wanting to be able to photograph my own dress designs and creations in a more artistic and emotive style was probably the first thing I wanted to accomplish with photography… so its something I’m really going to explore in the future.





 4. What's in your camera bag right now?
All the photography stuff I own. Ok I don’t even really own it…I actually bought the camera for my husband’s 30th birthday 3 years ago. I kinda hi-jacked it now! LOL!
A Canon Eos and the two standard lenses that came with it. Don’t even ask for any specs!
(I don’t know what aperture or ISO mean. I had to google OOF a few weeks ago before I could submit a photo for a challenge. )
Oh… and a legwarmer…haha! I pull it over the lens and body when I free lens. Hubby almost got a heart attack the first time I took of the lens on my first free lens try about a month ago. So this just helps ease his nerves since I’m now addicted to it!




5. What is your dream shoot or project?

…a girl in a lace dress on the back of a horse, with flowers in her hair and the wind blowing… see how I get carried away!!






6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?

So far I’m so pleasantly surprised by all the support and motivation I get from all you very talented people. I didn’t expect that.




 7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?

Oh my goodness…I’m a newbie!! But best advice I received during this month long journey I’ve just embarked on… is these wise words from Amber Privizzini …”create from your heart’ AWESOME, isn’t it? This will be my goal and inspiration in the future… the best advise that I could get so in the beginning of it all.

That it’s ok to create for myself. That only when you are truly self in love with your own work, will other people also love it. And to still love it, even if someone else doesn’t. This is you! And you are marvellous!



You can find more of Marlize's beautiful work here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts