Tuesday, June 17, 2014

{Everyday Magic}







Clouds!! I love it when something as ordinary as clouds can be so extraordinary. I love the wide open space in this shot and that the kids seem to have all that wide open space all to themselves. 






<<<>>>






















A window, a curtain and a little girl. All of those things could be considered everyday, but the ethereal feel and soft light make it magic.  


















<<<>>>









Gosh, I love this picture. The lighting, the subject, and OH the excitement on both their faces! What an amazing everyday moment to have captured!








<<<>>>









This picture just makes me happy. I love the colors, those little fingers and the focus. I love the way a different POV can make an everyday picture into a magic one.






<<<>>>










A few years ago, I tried to take a picture like this of my husband and kids and didn’t pull it off (at ALL). For me, this is a perfect example of something that could happen in any number of houses on any number of days, but it’s magic all the same. Photographically speaking, the perspective through the door just adds to that magic.






<<<>>>









Don’t get me wrong,I love color in images, but I am always amazed at how a good black and white conversion can make an ordinary image into a magical one like this. 





<<<>>>









For me, this is the perfect example of finding magic in light. The kind of light I envy so much that it inspires me to go find it myself.  







<<<>>>








I know she is probably perfectly still here, but that subtle shift of her shoulder, the sway of her hair and the curve of her hat give this shot movement that I love. And her freckles. I love those freckles!





<<<>>>


















I love the way photographers can come upon a seemingly ordinary scene and make it into a story. This pictures makes me want to know the story. 


















<<<>>>







Kids find magic everywhere and in the smallest moments. I love it when a photograph captures one of those moments.






And the winner is:







My kids were not good sleepers when they were little, and when they actually DID sleep, I sighed in great, frazzled relief. THIS makes me sigh in a different way. I love way the light falls on them both and her little arm flopped over him in total comfort. It’s an everyday moment that’s made magic.


<<<>>>




Many thanks to our judge for this theme Cecily Cook of
Chaos & Bliss Photography.
You can catch up with her and see more of her astounding work at these links...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts