Tuesday, June 24, 2014

{black tie}




As the mom of 5, I don't have much of a chance to get fancy these days, but I LOVE seeing images from black tie events. 
The sophistication, the elegance, and often -- the silliness! 
When you can play against type the resulting images can be so endearing and filled with personality. I really enjoyed perusing all of your black tie images and living vicariously through them. I may just go get fancy in celebration of the Winner and Top 10!
(But probably not, my toddler will just smudge me anyway.)  
Thanks so much for sharing your black tie with me this week!







I love the vintage feel and gorgeous light in this image. There is a magical country charm here that I just adore.




<<<>>>






I really admire photographers who can shoot newborns artfully. 
I know I don't have the patience for it! 
Love the tones in this image and the playfulness. 





<<<>>>










Dudes! You just can't hold 'em back.
 Even when they are dressed to the nines. This just made me laugh, and reminded my of my son and his friends. Love it!






<<<>>>








Soft and romantic. This is really is a beautiful moment captured.





<<<>>>







I am intrigued by the mystery of this shot.  The angle adds to the sense of motion, and the black and white edit is lovely.  
I want to know where he is off to. Don't you?




<<<>>>






This image is subtly sexy and really draws me in. I love the use of side lighting here and how it adds to the drama. Beautiful!






<<<>>>







This boy is just too cute! This image just screams "happy." From the colors to his expression, to his little suspenders a bit askew. Adorable!






<<<>>>







So fun! I love how everyone really got into the mood of the shot. The pops of purple are great as is the composition. Just a joyful image all around.






<<<>>>







This image is just breathtaking. The scenery is drop dead gorgeous, and how much more romantic and elegant can it get than a kiss in the mist? 





<<<>>>







Also very romantic. The monochromatic tones with the pop of greenery behind the couple is just lovely. 
And I love the bride's expression. Really gorgeous.





<<<>>>






I mean, really? How could I not choose this? Silly fabulousness.  
And these guys are just balls out. (Am I allowed to say that? LOL!)






<<<>>>







I choose this gorgeous image as winner for a few reasons. 
First because I just adore this black and white conversion. 
It has a fashion editorial feel to it that really drew me in. I love composition, the woman's expression, and that the man is blurred. I so want to know more about their story. Don't you?

Thanks again everyone for sharing! Happy prom and wedding season to all! 

Nicki Bosch




1 comment:

Popular Posts