Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Meet Last Week's Judge: Katherine Heise-Vouros

This week's judge is the immensely talented Katherine Heise-Vouros. You may have seen her work on her blog, Lamb Loves Fox. Her signature style employs a brilliant use of negative space and emotion. REad a little more about her here: 




1. Tell us about yourself...

I’m a snap-happy mummy of two living on the East Coast of Australia. On the rare occasion when I’m not taking or editing photos I like to relax by sipping tea, crocheting and watching a good murder mystery. I can also cross my toes, but only on my right foot.


2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?

I studied photography at university but it wasn’t until I had children that it became a passion/obsession. Like so many other mummy photographers out there I’m frantically trying to record every tiny detail, every little moment before it’s gone forever.


3. What's in your camera bag right now, what do use the most? the least?

At the moment use my Nikon D7000  the most, simply because it’s not expensive to use. But when I have a bit of money to splash out on fillm I like to use my  Diana, my Mamiya RB67s, my Nikon FG-20, my Yashika TLR or my polaroid SX70. I probably use my polaroid the least because it’s so hard to get my hands on the film.


4. What's your dream project or shoot?

I’ve always dreamed of seeing my work in Papier Mache Magazine and I would love, love, love to do a shoot for tutu du monde (anything to get my hands on those extraordinary, fairytale -like tutus). In fact, a shoot for tutu du monde in Papier Mache Magazine. Yes, that will do nicely.


5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?

Self doubt. My biggest challenge in life really.


6.  If you had $500 to spend on photography...

How should you spend it?
On a nice camera bag. My camera just floats around in my handbag.
How do you wish you could spend it?
On an Ice Light or a new lens.
How would you really spend it?
I would probably get my camera serviced.


7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey?



The journey is far more important than the end product. So (try to) have fun and forget about whether you are any good or not.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts