Friday, March 14, 2014

Celebration



Wow! I knew judging this would be hard but it was almost impossible to choose just 11. If I could have I would have chosen a top 20 or 30….. or 40 or 50. Thank you for all the amazing entries. Here are just a few of the many that I fell in love with:



Just look at all those happy faces! The perfect moment, captured forever.
 And the colours, red and blue, my favorite.



<<<>>>





 love a good ‘detail’ shoot but this one has so much extra. 
The confetti, the hair, the emotion, the movement. 
This image really speaks a thousand words.



<<<>>>







I love how the light of the candles brings out those perfect round cheeks. 
I just want to pinch them!



<<<>>>





I love the interpretation of the theme ‘celebrations’ here. 
Plus, the colour and the framing and composition.
 And the sun flare, of course. Can’t go past a good sun flare.



<<<>>>






Oh what joy! A little boy and his balloon! 
I dare you to look at this image and not smile. Plus, the colours are fantastic!



<<<>>>




Jessica Ratterree Studios

I love the comical element to this image. And the pop of colour amid all that black. 
The composition is perfect.



<<<>>>





The movement, the confetti, the happy faces. 
What’s not to love?



<<<>>>




Amy Butterfield Photography

I can just feel this little boy’s mouth watering, waiting for his slice of heaven. 
Perfection.



<<<>>>





How could I not? That face!


<<<>>>





This image is blurry perfection. I wish I could pull off OOF this well. 
Genius.

<<<>>>





...and the winner is...

Holly Donovan Photo


In the end I couldn’t go past this one. It spoke to my minimalist heart. There is nothing better than an image that is simple but powerful at the same time. 
The composition, the framing, the pose and that little pop of colour. I’m in love.

<<<>>>



In a few days I will be hitting the big 3-0 and all these beautiful images have certainly put me in the festive mood. So thank you so much for everyone who shared their celebrations with me.
Katherine Heise
of 
Lamb Loves Fox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts