Sunday, March 2, 2014

Meet This Week's Guest Judge: Erin McGregor

We are grateful to have Erin McGregor if Erin McGregor Photography judge our "adventure" 

challenge, which is fitting, since most of her images have quite a sense of adventure to them! 



1. Tell us about yourself: 

I am a mamma to three littles and wife to my high school sweetheart. I am a natural light photographer and I love lifestyle photography. I grew up in MN where I am now raising my family. It is cold and we see so much snow. Even as I write this we are currently int he middle of a snow storm.  As much as I do love snow and the beauty that comes along with photographing it, I long for the warmth of Summer as our Winter season is very long. 

2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?

I remember in high school taking photography classes and loving it. But once I had children it really started for me. I love capturing their everyday, and having these moments documented.


3. What's in your camera bag now, and what do you use the most?

Canon 5d Mark iii, 35 mm lens, 85 mm lens, lip gloss, spare batteries and CF card, lens cleaning brush, hair ties, tripod mounting clip, and GoPro for personal use.



4. What's you'r dream project or shoot?

I have  lot of farmland around my home that I love shooting at...but to me old barns are my very favorite. I have yet to find one that I really love and have a session there.


5. What's the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?

Always comparing yourself to others. I find that really hard not to do and it can be really discouraging. You need to be your own person with your own style that works for you.


6. If you had $500 to spend on photography...

How should you spend it?
Probably on marketing and branding or a workshop/classes as I never have. I am completely self taught.

How do you wish you could spend it?
I would LOVE a Lensbaby! Or towards a TS lens which I adore.

How would you really spend it?
Probably towards more gear. Don't we always!?


7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the beginning of your photography journey?

To take it slow. Make your own style. Don't compare yourself to others. Love your work and learn to always grow.







Thank you, Erin, for hanging with us this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts