Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Going Places

Thank you so much for allowing me to guest judge this week! I chose the theme "Going Places" because as a mother that's how I've been seeing my children. They're constantly growing, moving, changing, and headed for so many places…I'm hoping that most of their paths will be smooth, led by their hearts, but that when they reach the bumpy ones, they'll only have strengthened their characters. I want them to keep going, but to remember to stop and enjoy the world and the connections around them as well. 


Arrow Creek Photography

I adore this sundrenched image, complete with the flowing movement of a cotton skirt in the breeze and a cherry flare.

<<<>>>

 Colie James Photography


This image makes me smile. This is a girl on the go with big dreams and ideas and I just want to follow, by skipping of course. This is childhood with a huge future full of possibilities ahead.

<<<>>>

 Angela Sipes Photography


This image makes me dream of summer drives in the country, window rolled down, with iced lemonade in hand. The composition, the colors and the lines pull me in and carry me forward. This road certainly has a story to tell…

<<<>>>

 Samantha Rose- Photography


This light is so lovely. This takes me back to crisp Autumn evenings. "Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher." -William Wordsworth. 

<<<>>>

Andrea Martin Photography
 

The light, movement and lines in this are beautiful and I'm enamored by the soft matte tone. Above that I love the story the image portrays of the simple act of walking one's dog and best friend on a quiet evening. 

<<<>>>

Hilary Mercer Photography



I can't say enough wonderful things about this image. The color, the angle, the lines and the light are all perfection. This little guy is most certainly going places and he is on a mission I'd love to follow.

<<<>>>

 Bjorna Hoen Photography


We all know the feeling after an uphill hike or a long curvy drive to find the reward of a beautiful view. It's that moment that takes our breath away for just a moment, when we're reminded by the amazing world we live in and just how tiny we are in all of its greatness. The reaction of this girl mixed with the stunning view ahead exemplifies that feeling and lets us celebrate it with her. 

<<<>>>

Amy Butterfield Photography


A boy on a bike. When a boy has his bike, he is capable. He can go anywhere. Do anything. And explore the world. It is all at his fingertips gripped around the handlebars. It is all in his little feet quick upon the pedals. And nothing will stop him from achieving what he wants. Being a mother of three boys, I connected with this image. I also love the composition. The world waits ahead for him.

<<<>>>

 Collaboration with Light


This image displays beautiful light, bold color and lines that perfectly frame the subject. The purple shirt that the girl wears also contrasts nicely with the green grass and the warmth from the sun. 

<<<>>>


And the winner of this week's theme is...


Carter Cole Photography


 This is my favorite image. As much as I love color, I also adore a moody black and white. This image displays gorgeous deep, rich shadows. The stark contrast of the subject and her white dress mixed with the center composition and wide angle draws the viewer right to her. The world around her is still and quiet, but there is gentle movement in her hair and dress that also pulls the eye in. I love the story this image tells and everything about it. ~Robin Chavez



Congratulations to all our winners this week
and a hearty "THANK YOU!"
to Robin Chavez of
for being such a brilliant guest judge this week!

3 comments:

  1. Love all these! Thanks for being a judge Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh I'm so excited, I am pinching myself to see my image alongside such gorgeous work! Thank you so much!

    Hilary - yours is one of my favourites :-)

    Emily (of Collaboration With Light)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Thank you! All are amazing and it is an honour to have my image included!! :8

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts