Friday, November 15, 2013

Featured Friday with Michelle L. Morris of Michelle L. Morris Photography

 
Michelle was our theme challenge winner at Snap Maven this week. That challenge was to create an image with the theme "laughter". 
 
 
 1. Please tell us about yourself...
 
 
 
I'm a full time professional photographer with three small sons and a husband that I've loved since 6th grade.  We live in the beautiful city of Savannah, GA.
 
 
 2.       Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?
 
 
 
 
 
Consistent, Emotive, Authentic.  At least this is my goal when I shoot, even if I don't always hit the mark.



 3.       What sparked your passion for photography?





My passion for photography has always been there.  I became enamored with capturing my first son, 8 years ago, when I became a mother.  My professional journey continues to ignite my passion as I always want to improve my craft.
 
 
 4.       What's in your camera bag right now?
 
 
 
 
5D Mark III, 85mm f/1.2L, 35mm f/1.4L
 
 
 
 5.       What is your dream shoot or project?
 
 
 
 
Cliche, sorry... but my three boys and their life.  Them as my subjects and their life captured as my project.
 
 
 
 6.       What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?
 

 
 
The biggest misconception was that one day I would "get there" with my technical abilities and creative desires.  While the truth is that I'm never going to "get there..." and I'm really learning to love the journey and the slow, but steady, growth.
 
 
 7.       What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?
 
 

 
 
 
New photographers... shoot everyday and it will come.  I wish I was given the advice in the beginning that I don't need tons of equipment to be "good" ... I needed to just listen to my heart.



 
 
 
Too see more of Michelle's inspirational imagery, you can catch up with her at 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts