Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Joy

What draws me to Snap Maven is the care and genuineness that goes into the community, especially with each contest. There aren't just winners announced, but highlighted with a bit about why the image stood out, how it made a connection. For someone like me who is always trying to improve and be inspired, I get so much joy seeing the contest winners each week. Not just because the images are so beautiful, but because I can learn more about why they are so beautiful. So when I was asked to be a guest judge, I nearly fell onto the floor I was so overwhelmed. Such a JOY, such a privilege, such a tremendous honor!
JOY

Things won are done, joy's soul lies in the doing.  -  William Shakespeare

There were so many beautifully, happy, joyful images posted! It was so hard to choose, but the feelings in these images just drew me in such a way that I cannot stop looking at them! I am taken back to the days when I didn't have a care in the world. All my thoughts and worries fade away, and I am joyful. I am greatly inspired by all of these! Thank you so much for inviting me to be here Snap Maven!


<<<>>>



The joy and the moment merge so beautifully in this amazing image. The feeling is contagious. It's as if we are in a dream, and it is the best part, the part he will talk about at breakfast the next morning. The leaves are so delicate and there is such a wonderful feeling of motion, like the world is spinning leaves all around him.

<<<>>>
 Their wishes came true! We are not sure what these two children are so excited about, but we can feel their joy. This big moment that has them so excited and happy, with their arms outreached, smiles beaming. I am right there with them, caught in the excitement. Is it a balloon? A bubble? Or a pile of leaves thrown? Their parents reaching out for a hug? This image captures children's joy so beautifully, their pure elation. 



<<<>>>


The enthusiasm and energy in this image go straight to my heart. It reminds me of myself when I was little. What is she off to do? Is she in pursuit or being chased? Either way, she is having a blast. So vibrant and effervescent in this moment.





<<<>>>


This image is a whole story I would love to read. Her hat about to fly off her head, and her joy. Who is she, and what is giving her such exuberance? Is this a comedic film noir cover image? I love how she is spot in the middle of the scene. She is getting away with something good, and it brings her joy.
<<<>>>
 The light first drew me into this image, but then I found this darling girl, hopping away, like a quiet bunny rabbit. It is her world, her imagination, and it is joyfully beautiful and quiet. 



<<<>>>

A happy baby is such a joyful thing. Their joy is infectious. I can feel this baby's squeaky clean cheeks, and can smell the baby shampoo. He isn't cold after his bath, just genuinely happy and joyful, giggling.
<<<>>>
 Joy can be right side up, or upside down. It is a whirlwind. I love this composition, because we see what he is seeing. He is having the ride of his life, safe and wild in his Mama's arms. Such a joy!
<<<>>>
 He sings, he smiles. So comfortable in his skin, and happy. I bet he has a wonderful sense of humor. His self-assurance is strong. A joy to share with all around. 




<<<>>>

Jump for joy, there is the sun, the sky is blue, and we are together. Sharing the same joyful dance. The sand beneath our feet and the sunburst behind us make us dance so well. The beach is our stage. A dance of joy for each cherished day



<<<>>>

And the winner is . . . 
Every single millimeter of this little girl is ignited with joy. She radiates the feeling like the sun. Joy has completely taken this little girl over. It is in doing that we find joy, with all our faith and spirit poured into that feeling of sublime happiness.


 <<<>>>
Congratulations to all the winners and a big ol' huge Snap Maven "THANK YOU"
to Cate Wnek 
for being our guest judge this week. 
What a fabulous job she has done!!

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful choices, and moving descriptions! Thank you for guest judging this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun, joyful and beautiful. best ten minutes of my day so far. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts