Friday, October 18, 2013

Featured Friday with Robin Chavez of Robin Chavez Photography




Robin was our  theme challenge winner at Snap Maven this week.  That challenge was to create an image with the theme "symmetry".

1. Please tell us about yourself.

I am Mommy to three boys. I love anything pertaining to art and being outdoors. Being around children and animals also makes me happy…and ice cream…lots of ice cream. ;) 



2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?

Imaginative, Vivid, Dramatic. I love adding depth and drama to my images, using shadow, light and bright colors. I also love photographing children, so my editing style often leads to the imaginative side of the spectrum, as I'm constantly trying to portray the perspective of my subject. 


3. What sparked your passion for photography?

I've always loved being creative, but my children really sparked the passion of photography in me. They call me the Paparazzi. Yes, I'm THAT mom. They just grow up so fast though, so I try to hold on to each moment and really treasure it. 



4. What's in your camera bag right now?

I have a Canon 5D Mark II, a 24-105 L lens, and a 50 1.4. My bag also usually contains lollipops, a pair of mustache glasses, and a whoopee cushion, as I'm typically photographing kiddos.



5. What is your dream shoot or project?

My dream shoot or project is always photographing my own children. I feel blessed to have them in my life and I wouldn't rather photograph anyone else in the world. They're my dream come true. However, if I had the opportunity to photograph them in Ireland…or Spain…that would be mind blowing for me. 



6. What are some of the hurdles you have had to overcome this far in your photography journey?

I'm completely self taught. No workshops. No school. No mentoring. So I had several hurdles. Daily. Yet it makes me appreciate where I am now even more because of those hurdles. It also makes me more confident in tackling those future hurdles. 



7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?

My advice is to do what you love. Then just keep following that path. It's okay to be different. That's what makes you stand out. 







To see more of the amazing work of Robin Chavez please visit her at

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts