Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Unexpected

To me, photography = beauty + truth. In capturing the unexpected, the focus is often on the latter. If you can do that in a beautiful way, so much the better! This week's featured artists definitely did both!



This photo speaks a beautiful truth. The range of emotions: the overwhelming wonder and joy, all captured so perfectly.




This one draws my eye over, and makes me want to jump right along with this sweet dog. I love the light, the movement, and the reality of this image




This one has me reaching right along with her. The grain of the black and white gives an overall dreamy look, which when contrasted with the silliness of the horses tongue, makes for an all-around interesting shot. 




Pure joy, and a tongue as long as the boy's arm. I love the framing of this, which gives a tangible scale to the size of the animal. I also love the true color, which gives life to a candid moment. 




I came for the dreamy bokeh, and I stayed for her beautiful expression. 




Ears of corn. Get it? His unexpected interpretation, and unintended pun, along with the lovely fall colors and framing, make this one to treasure. 




I love the perspective here. This could almost be my hand in front of me. I can very nearly feel the tickle of the butterfly in my hand, and the wonder of its having landed on me. 




These boys. Frozen in time, with mouths hanging open in disbelief. This is what matters in the mind of a little boy; and remembering it, is what matters to their mother. 



Speaking of unexpected - I just love the surprise on her face. Too much sweetness here. 




This one draws me in and over, almost like one of those waves. The excitement on the faces of these two, as they try something new is just perfect. 



And this week's winner which will be featured on our cover photo...



Are you there? I am, but I'm not supposed to be. I don't know her, but I love her. I also love the way the wall splits the frame into a stark contrast of white and brown, the way her hair falls over haphazardly, and that pop of blue eyes. This is the best kind of unexpected. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I love all of these images and am very thankful to be included!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow...thank you SO much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts