Tuesday, August 12, 2014

{simplicity}




I have absolutely LOVED sitting down each evening 
to look through all of the beautiful submissions this week.
  I chose the theme “simplicity” because I’ve often had others comment that my photography has a simplicity to it and I wanted to see how other artists interpreted the idea of simplicity.  
It was amazing to see so many different iterations of simplicity 
and I had the hardest time choosing a top ten!  
Thank you to everyone who submitted an image this week! 





 This cute little heart-shaped strawberry just grabbed me right away.  
I thought about how excited my daughter would be if she found one and how she’d want to hold it up just like this so I could take a picture.  
The super-shallow depth of field really helps you focus on the strawberry and creates a simple and beautiful image.


>>><<<


This lighting is so beautiful and the black and white is absolutely perfect.  
I love the composition and the simplicity of a little girl in a white dress looking out the window.  
This image is timeless.



>>><<<







Oh, baby feet!  
I adore the composition here and the shallow depth of field really creates a dreamy mood.  
This feels like a memory.  
This is a simple, fleeting, aspect of our babies’ childhoods we don’t want to forget.


>>><<<



The softness of the white fabric surrounding this sweet little face is just beautiful. 
 I love the child’s expression and it made me remember when my daughter was endlessly entertained by the simplicity of playing peekaboo in the curtains


>>><<<



The way the composition focuses on her braid and the lovely, simple daisies is really intriguing.  I want to know more about this girl.  
This black and white conversion really suits the mood of the image.


>>><<<


I generally adore hair pictures, especially little curls, and this one is really special.  
The colors are stunning and I love the dreaminess created by the beautiful blur.


>>><<<



This image has such a mysterious feeling to it. 
 Beautiful conversion, wonderful focus, a great expression, and freckles.  
Perfect.


>>><<<




I’m a serious film lover and the colors in this image are so deliciously filmy.  
I have a sister who I adore (and still hold hands with) 
and I imagined that these two girls might be sisters too.
  A simple but powerful image.


>>><<<




This image is so striking.  
The silhouetted father and daughter in the far left of the composition
 and the vast ocean stretching out around them really connotes what it feels like 
to experience the ocean as a child.  
This image is so classic.  It could have been taken 50 years ago or yesterday. 
 Beautiful.



>>><<<


and the winner is...




Confession:  I LOVE center compositions and I think this one works beautifully.  
The mood of this image, the colors, 
and the simple moment of a child picking a berry from a bush just grabs me.
This image encompasses the idea of simplicity for me. 
 The composition, the color palette, and the perspective all create a visually simple image 
and the moment itself--a child picking a berry--is perfectly simple. 



>>><<<

Thank you Snap Maven for giving me the opportunity to guest judge this week!  
I had a wonderful time and I discovered some amazing artists that I can’t wait to follow!
You can find me on here: 
and follow me on Instagram @littlebudphoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts