Sunday, August 17, 2014

This Week's Guest Judge: Amanda O'Donoughue

This week, Amanda of Amanda O'Donoughue Photography is our guest judge. I love the nostalgic feel of her photos. Enjoy her words and work!



1. Tell us about yourself 

I am a stay at home mother of a little boy. I run a small photography business specializing in birth and mother/child relationships. I spend most of my days exploring the outdoors in Gainesville, Florida with my son and daydreaming of a day when I will open a Great Ape sanctuary in Florida.



2. What ignited yout love for photography? What fuels it now? 

My love for photography was ignited in stages over my youth. First was the cinematography of independent and foreign films. Second was the animals I worked with as a zookeeper. Last, and most recently, was the birth of my son and my need to have something just for myself as an overwhelmed, first-time stay at home mom.



3. What's in your camera bag? 

In my camera bag is a Canon 6D with a 50mm 2.5 macro lens and a Rolleiflex 2.8F I use these cameras equally but for totally different reasons.



4. What is your dream project? 

My dream project would be a documentary project working with rescued chimpanzees that are now housed in sanctuaries. Of course, a portrait of Jane Goodall would be involved as well. And possibly lunch with her, that would be nice.



5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer? 

The biggest challenge I face as a photographer would have to be the time limits and traveling restrictions due to having a young son at home. However, I wouldn't trade it for the world and I am happy to take my time with my photography and its progress in exchange for being with my son.



6. If you had $500 to spend on photography

If I had $500, I should spend it buying jump drives and packaging for my clients.
I wish I could spend it on a 35mm lens.
I will spend it on film and developing.




7. Is there any advice you with someone had given you at the beginning of your journey? 

No, not really. I have been very lucky to have wonderful support and mentorship and I really feel that every step of the way was full of naivete, honesty, and gradual growth. All of which was important to the process. I still have so much to learn.




Thank you so much for sharing your time and talent with us this week, Amanda!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts