Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Nature

I had such a great time looking through 
everyone’s submissions for the “Nature” theme this week. 
What a great time of year to revisit warmer months 
by browsing our archives, 
and to be appreciative of winter in all its glory.
I will also add that I had such a tough time choosing the winners for the theme! 

So, without further ado, here we go: 




Tesori Photography
 
 
The colors and tones are balanced beautifully in this image. My favorite part, though, is the reflection in the water from the trees, and the subtle mist. 
 
<<<>>>
 
 
ARC Fine Art Photography
 


The light alone is enough to make this image beautiful, 
but the way the light illuminates the horse’s eye 
(with those tiny flecks of light beside the eye!)
 is stunning. 


<<<>>>







What is really interesting about this image, 
aside from the perfect focus and vibrant colors, 
is how everything comes together in such an abstract way. 
I particularly love what is happening with the wings on the left side of the image – beautiful! 


<<<>>>





The first thing I noticed here is how the tip of the lake in the bottom right of the image mirrors the shape of the clouds in the top right. 
Such a beautiful example of symmetry in nature, 
and Hilary has a great eye to capture that in this image. 

<<<>>>






I have to admit, I’m a huge arachnophobe, 
but this image really makes me appreciate the beauty of spiders. 
Look at the detail on those eyes!

<<<>>>







The light, focus and perspective in this image really give it a dreamy, running-to-a-magical-hide-away-in-the-woods feeling. 
There is such a feeling of movement towards something just outside of the frame. 

<<<>>>






The simplicity here is what really drew me to this, 
and what a perfect subject for B&W. 
I love the shadows cast by the leaf, and the idea of bringing nature indoors. 

<<<>>>






Is this not the cutest snail you have ever seen? 
He/she seems so inquisitive atop that blade of grass. 
The bokeh background is incredible, too! 

<<<>>>







The “looking up” perspective is just perfect 
when we think about how big nature is, 
and how small we are. 
And of course, the light coming through those red/orange leaves is amazing. 


<<<>>>




 

I am in awe of the scenery here, 
and absolutely adore the mountain goats in the shot. 
I love how this image shows their beautiful habitat, 
and such a feeling of majesty. 


<<<>>> 






 ...and the winner is...








What really struck me in this image is how the children are gently touching hands - such a simple gesture, but a gesture with so much meaning. 
They seem intent on sharing an adventure in nature, 
which is a thought that probably reminds a lot of us of our own childhoods! 
I also love the sharp focus on them, and the focus on the grass nearby, 
with a shallow depth of field, 
which makes the trees beyond them appear softer. 


<<<>>>

 


Choosing the winners for this theme was so difficult! 
There were so many beautiful images to choose from,
 it was tough for me to narrow them down. 
Congrats to all of the winners, 
and to everyone who submitted – 
I so enjoyed looking through your photos!

Anna 



1 comment:

Popular Posts