Monday, February 24, 2014

"Alone" Mavenista Style


This week we present to you our interpretations of the theme
"alone"


<<<>>>


It is only when we silent the blaring sounds of our daily existence that we can finally hear the whispers of truth that life reveals to us, as it stands knocking on the doorsteps of our hearts. -K.T. Jong

I really love being alone. It does seem to be a topic of discussion right now, 
even my favorite magazine Flow International has an article on how to be alone in it's current issue. 
I find such inspiration and find the ability to get centered and recharged in alone time. 
For me the challenge is carving out this alone time. But I feel like this word is so interesting 
and so charged. It can be a good thing to so many, and seen as a difficult or hard thing for others. Even the images being submitted are so interesting to me, everyone has a different image, 
or take, on this subject! And there are so many great poems and songs and quotes, 
I had to pass up Picasso and even Justin Timberlake quotes, 
and a favorite childhood poem (Hide and Seek by A. B. Shiffrin) 
for this quote by K. T. Jong, as it feels closest to my feelings on the word Alone...~Phyllis


<<<>>>



"All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you'll be quite a lot." 
Dr. Suess 

Being alone is a treat for me. For this social little butterfly, it is not. 
So it is I begin my day of sharing with this "alone" image. ~Julie



<<<>>>


A/Z Photography


I have never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude.” 
― Henry David Thoreau, Walden


<<<>>>





"I'm fascinated with myself and love hearing the sound of my own voice. I'd like to hear what I have to say. A lot of people don't like being alone because they truly don't like themselves, but I love me."
~Gene Simmons

We should all love ourselves. If you're also introverted you know we tend to live inside our own heads more and therefore, we tend to know ourselves better. 
Many actors are actually introverted. Being artistic is a trait many introverts share. 


<<<>>>




when my children were small we used to read a book called "me. all alone, at the end of the world" 
we loved this book and read it over and over.. this image reminded me of that book and the happy, peacefulness that being alone can bring.


<<<>>>





"I never found a companion that was so companionable as solitude."
Henry David Thoreau

I am one of those people who craves alone time, not just because I have children; I have always loved to escape in a book, or just feel quietness. I love those moments my kids are alone in their thoughts and I especially enjoy capturing their solo adventures. 
I don't want them to be lonely, but I do want them to be comfortable alone. - Jana



<<<>>>









1 comment:

  1. Love seeing all your work together ladies! And I'm laughing because I didn't realize until now that I chose the same quote as you did Stacy!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts