Sunday, December 8, 2013

Meet This Week's Judge: Jennifer Tippett-Tedesco

Judging this week's "faceless" theme is the fabulous Jennifer Tippett-Tedesco of Jennifer Tippett Photography. Please take a few moments to enjoy the rich, evocative images she has shared with us, and to learn a little more about her and her photographic journey!



1. Tell us about yourself:
I am a wife, mother & photographer, living in a historic harbor town on Long Island.
Nature and spirituality are intrinsic aspects of my life. I feel like I have been on a
very long journey over these past 39 years. With this milestone birthday coming in
2014, I feel very grateful for my growth thus far and the priceless gifts of my friends,
family and home.





2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?
In 1990 I took a photography class in high school. I was really confused in that class
a lot of the time! I can remember accidentally exposing my film numerous times and
struggling with the bag and developing tank. In 1993 I took another photography
class, this time in college - I fell in love with shooting black and white portraits and
candids. I also loved working in the darkroom. I did a series on abuse of women that
included hand written quotations under each print. My work today continues to
have a deep thematic voice and I often use quotations when presenting my art.
I put my camera down for over 15 years. I can’t explain why exactly, but I was
closed up and did not feel free to create. I started to use my iPhone artistically in
2012. In early 2013, I took 2 photographs of birds in flight. It was these 2 encounters with the iPhone camera and the birds that freed me… and with my broken wing I picked up my digital camera and I started my photography business shortly after.





3. What’s in your camera bag right now, what do you use the most? The least?
Canon 5D Mark II, 85mm 1.8, 17-40mm 4.0, Yongnuo speedlight, SanDisc cards &
batteries! I use all of these equally.




4. What’s your dream project?
My dream project is to photograph portraits of survivors.




5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?
Fear & ego!




6. If you had $500 to spend on photography…
How should you spend it? Mentor/education
How do you wish you could spend it? Mentor
How would you really spend it? Mentor!




7. Is there one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your
photography journey?
No, I feel that everything unfolded awkwardly, but exactly how it was meant to.







To see more of Jennifer's original imagery,
you can visit her here...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts