Friday, December 27, 2013

Featured Friday with Melissa Stissi of Photography by Melissa








  • Melissa was the winner of the "lines"  challenge.


    1. Please tell us about yourself...




    I am a daughter, a wife, a mother, a friend, and a lover of beauty.  I have a love of gardening and of horses. I am grateful to be a stay at home mom.


    2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?






    No.  I feel that I am constantly evolving and experimenting.


    3. What sparked your passion for photography?




    My love of beauty sparked my passion for photography.  I embarked upon a journey to capture  beautiful moments in my life, whether it be the sunlight in my sons hair or the enchantment of a snowfall.  It became my passion to learn the craft, so as to do justice to what my eye sees and how my imagination would like to render it.


    4. What's in your camera bag right now




     I have 2 camera bodies, a Canon 6D and a Rebel T2i. There is a small assortment of prime lenses, a 50mm (f1.8), a 35mm (f2.0), an 85m (f1.8,) a Sigma105 macro, a 70-200mm (f2.8, my favorite), a 28-75mm, and two yongnuo speedlights.


    5. What is your dream shoot or project?








    I would love to try my hand at a stylized session, one based on a fairytale theme, complete with a makeup artist and a hair stylist!


    6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?  




  • I thought it would be a lot easier! lol. Starting out, I had no idea how much skill goes into getting a great shot.  I have so much respect for the masters of this craft.  And I know that I have a lot of learning ahead of me.


    7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?





    Find your cheerleaders. Whether they be friends, family, or like-minded souls you may meet in a fb photography group. Sometimes in the beginning you need affirmation that you are heading in the right direction. That affirmation may also keep you going when you hit a creative rut. Most importantly, enjoy your photography journey. There is an Andy Warhol quote that I love:   "Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol





     Too see more of Melissa's stunning imagery, you can visit her here...

    FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts