Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Faceless

I feel that there is such universal, mysterious emotion in a photo where the face is not seen. The emotion is often left up to interpretation by the viewer.  It was not easy to choose only 11 images from a succession of so many amazing submissions. The eleven I chose pulled me 
in at first

sight then kept me engaged
.
 
Each began to tell a story that took twists, there was more behind them than what met my eye. It was then very hard for me to decide on a winner, because they have each captured my heart and to me are unforgettable works of art. Thank you for having me as your guest judge this week.

These are in no particular order:





There is haunting mystery in this image. It seems like an ordinary scene, a little girl on the floor in her kitchen, but the motion and blur leave me with an unsettled feeling, which leads me to a story and I love that! 


<<<>>>


I feel like I am right there behind this little girl, a summer's day, hair wet from the pool, that tangled damp feel of the ponytail... It brings me back to my childhood. It is a sensory experience - photography is a powerful thing!




<<<>>>

I love the dark/sweet combination, the focus, shadows, clarity & blur... It feels both hyper-real and surreal at the same time. 


<<<>>>
I love the texture and movement of this image. I feel like the story appears obvious at first in this image, but then the longer I look at it something different develops.


<<<>>>
This little human, one with nature, a leaf as a mask, as a toy... The blur creates a surreal feeling and I feel motion... a fleeting second of being unseen and unable to see...


<<<>>>
Oh my goodness, visual candy... Bokeh! Blur! Backlit! Lens flare! Lines!  And this image just draws up so much emotion, I am repeatedly drawn in to the possible stories.




<<<>>>


The darkness and the emotion. It is just so powerful. I feel this. It is again real and surreal and universal.


<<<>>>


I was so drawn into the motion and lines and blur of this. So many stories are coming to mind.




<<<>>>
 This just reminds me so much of motherhood... How we feel so part of it all and yet, we are a separate being. It is around this age that as a mom I really knew my child was becoming independent. I look at this image and it makes me feel both happy and sad. I adore it.
<<<>>>

I first stopped to admire the light and shadows in this image, her skin is so real and the capture so crisp. I stayed and saw a little girl having a quiet intimate moment, an experience all her own, exploring the texture of her tulle tutu.




<<<>>>



 And the winner of the "faceless" challenge is...


I  was instantly smitten with this photograph and it has become unforgettable for me. I feel emotional looking at it. I love the motion, the light, the shadow, the blur... It's riveting. I would hang this up in my home and love it forever, it's stories are endless.







Thank you to our amazing judge this week,
 
Jennifer Tippett-Tedesco!
FACEBOOK | WEBSITE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts