Thursday, February 2, 2017

Meet This Week's Judge: Carrine Powers!


This week, Carrine of Jupiter Hue Photography has invited you to show your playful side. Enjoy these images form her own collection, and read about her journey! 


1. Tell us about yourself... 

My name is Carrine Powers, I am a married momma to 5 kids and I live in Central Florida. My husband and I moved our family to FL from Louisville KY over 4 years ago. Our oldest will be 13 this year and our youngest is 18 months. We spend a lot of our weekends doing reno projects around our home, spending time with the kids in their sports as well as in our backyard. We love to travel and spend a lot of time on the road.


2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?  

I took a few B&W film classes in college in '00. Bought my first SLR and spent tons of time in the darkroom and even more money on chemicals, paper and film. LOVED the class and learned a lot. However, my path took me away from photography for many years. Though, I kept photography close and played around with a point and shoot for many years, it's only been the last 2.5 years that I really started focusing on learning all I can about the digital art of photography.


3. What’s in your camera bag right now, what do use the most? the least? 

I shoot with Nikon d750, My main lenses are Sigma Art 35mm 1.4 and LENSBABY Edge 80. In my camera bag I keep a prism, a cooper pipe, some camera cleaning supplies, and OCF I've never attempted to use.


4. What’s your dream project or shoot? 

Fog covered mountains some place amazing would so much fun!


5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?  

My biggest challenge is being able to achieve what's in my mind's eye before the moment passes. 


6. If you had $500 to spend on photography... How should you spend it? 

I should save it and use it to pay biz expenses over the next year.  How do you wish you could spend it? Put it towards a big deal photography conference/tog weekend away. How would you really spend it? Probably buy a other Lensbaby, maybe the sweet 35. 


7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey? 

Not really. It's all how you get there. Each artist is going to have their own way. You can hear or read something another photographer has learned and it's not going to click until you're there. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts