Tuesday, June 30, 2015

{environmental portrait}

I am so honored to be guest judging this week! All your images were SO amazing!!  I looked for elements of environmental portraiture and images that made me want to know more of the story!  Thank you so much for sharing your images with me.


I love the bold bright colors here and that sweet baby!









...................................










The connection here is amazing and he looks so happy! 











...................................









I can feel the tension and this image leaves me wondering what she is thinking!








...................................









This composition is great!  I really get a sense that this little boy is part of a serious game!








...................................









This image takes me back to childhood!  I love that this is such a powerful portrait without even showing her face.  








...................................









I love this portrait!  There are so many strong elements here around the main subject.







...................................









What a unique take on environmental portraiture!  The composition is amazing and a great use of reflections.








...................................









I love self portraits and the location and connection here is amazing!  







...................................









This is so sweet!  I feel like these two were out for a walk and stopped for a moment and it makes me wonder what the little boy is thinking!







...................................









I love the light pouring in on her feet and the creative choice that the artist made to make it the primary subject!  










...................................









And the winner is...








WOW!  Everything about this image is amazing!  The composition of the image, his hands and body language, the location, the colors and the smoke are all so powerful!  Even though I can not see his face I feel a connection to him.  This is a wonderful portrait of a Firefighter in his true environment.    


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts