Friday, June 12, 2015

Feature Friday with Sahsha Kochanowicz of Rubylee Photography!

The fabulously talented Sahsha Kochanowicz of Rubylee Photography was the winner of last week's 'wild child' theme challenge.



1. Please tell us about yourself...
Hi! My name is Sahsha and I am a coffee addict. Okay haha! I admitted it.. Also I love lOVE photography! My hubby is my soulmate and perfect puzzle piece to my crazy self and we have 5 absolutely fun loving kiddos creating a lovely life full of adventure! Another thing about me is I love birth (can you tell with 5 kids?!).. and my favorite is home birth! Sometimes I do doula work on the side just to get to help other mamas through labor and love it!




2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?
hmm that's a hard one for me to do myself-- so I have to put it out to my friends lol!




3. What sparked your passion for photography?
I have loved photography since I was little.. once I had a camera I wanted to capture everything going on around me to always be able to sit and reminisce about later- something to bring back memories and stories. Then after a couple babies I decided I wanted to document their lives especially now during many times that they may never remember themselves except through mama's photos! 



4. What's in your camera bag right now?
Nikon D610, 35 1.8, lensbaby cp+sweet 35 & edge 80



5. What is your dream shoot or project?
I recently started dreaming up a project that I thought would be awesome! I would love to start putting together a mealtime project- one of the main places families spend time doing together is eating and I'd love LOVE to start putting some sessions together to showcase all different families enjoying a meal together- whether that be at home, restaurant, park, with friends, breakfast, lunch, or supper! Something that these families can look back on with fondness as much of our quality time together is sitting down to a meal!
One other is to photograph birth.. thankfully I've been able to do that many times and hope to get even more into that in the future! 




6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?
I honestly walked into for myself knowing that time and learning were involved to improve and I've met so SO many inspiring and lovely photographers all over the world through groups online that have been great getting to know and work to learn things together.. love it all!



7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?
The one thing I wish I could have known at the beginning would be to NOT look at everyone else and compare.. just keep learning and growing- never stop. Continually working to create from your heart and for yourself. Working to improve from one day to another and be patient. :)



Find more of Sahsha's gorgeous work here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts