Friday, September 2, 2016

Feature Friday with Jupiter Hue Photography!

Carrine Powers of Jupiter Hue Photography was the winner of last week's 'contact with nature' challenge, and has shared more of her gorgeous work with us!



1. Please tell us about yourself... My name is Carrine Powers, I am a married momma to 5 kids and I live in Central Florida. My husband and our family moved here from Louisville KY almost 4 years ago. Our oldest is 12 and our youngest is 14 months. We spend most of our weekends doing reno projects around our home, spending time with the kids in their sports as well as in our backyard, time at beach and going to Disney and surrounding theme parks. I pick up and use my camera every single day capturing my family, its where my heart is. However, I do take about 4 client sessions a month, and very much enjoy the challenge client sessions offer.


2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?
Simple. Everyday. Connections.
To me the simplest things in life have the most beauty. Sunsets and rain showers make my heart sing! Everyday is a gift and it should be celebrated/documented. The connections we share with the ones we love are the most precious, they change as we change, they grow, they disappear, and documenting these connections as they are in that moment are what I seek to do.



3. What sparked your passion for photography? I began my journey in photography in college back in '00 when I took a Black & White film class. I found myself in the darkroom during that class.However, my path took me away from photography for many years. It's only been the last 2 years that I've fallen back in love and found that passion I once had.


4. What's in your camera bag right now? I shoot with Nikon d750 and Sigma Art 35mm 1.4. In my camera bag I keep a prism, a copper pipe, some camera cleaning supplies, and OCF I haven't ever used.



5. What is your dream shoot or project? In the US my dream local is Oregon, outside the US Scotland! Living by beach is wonderful but doing a couples session in the mountains would so much fun!



6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?
I have two beginnings, the first one is too long ago to remember, lol. This time around I've learned a lot in the last 8 months about what photography means to me, my style and how that fits into community. What a wonderful community it is too. I never would have dreamed that at my age (no longer a college student) other artists/photographers would be my friends and biggest support group. I thought other photographers looked at each other as the enemy but, for me, it's been wonderful having that push and support, they are a huge part of my growth.


7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning? LEARN YOUR CAMERA. Read the manual. Read about your camera, study, read, read... watch how to videos, rinse and repeat! Learn your editing software (get editing software if you don't have it already). Find workshops and local classes. Be OK with the fact that there is no destination, art is journey and changes as you do. If you are really passionate about this craft shoot and edit EVERYDAY...You should want to - You should feel the NEED to. Look around at other artists, see what they are doing, think about how it makes you feel, get involved in the community. Find styles that speak to you, and create your own. Create things that make your heart sing. Share it with the world. <3



Find more of Carrine's beautiful work here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts