Tuesday, August 9, 2016

{magic of the lens}

This was an incredibly inspiring week!   The ability to freeze time is amazing, but the ability to add a little magic to the moment is even better.  Picking just 11 images was near impossible, but I finally narrowed it down to these.  

Thank you for sharing your {magic of the lens} photographs this week.



The bokeh here is so cool, but the repetition of wonder on both of their faces, young and old, is what keeps me in this picture!  I'm so curious where they are and what is captivating them.





Now, this is a fireworks shot!  I love their silhouettes against those gorgeous colors and that you captured the smoky haze in the air.  Their placement is perfect too -- so well composed! 





I'm a sucker for a bubble shot -- I'm in awe how much happens when a bubble pops that we can't see with our naked eye.  The flare on the bubble and the light falling on his face make this shot way beyond the magic of the bubble, though! 





Now if we could just bottle that childhood euphoria!  This tones and moment here are beautiful - so much emotion!  You have taken what seems like an ordinary moment and created an image that represents everything that is extraordinary about childhood.  






This seems like a dream or fairy tale, and I don't know if I should be excited or scared for this character.  I love the ambiguity of the story.  This image has been with me all day, since I first saw, leading my story writing brain in several different directions.







I don't know what this is, but it makes me hopeful and at peace.  That's what it's all about, right?







I am in love with the tones in this image - they represent the true feel of being in the middle of a corn field.  The repetition of her and the sun flare peeking through is definitely magical!









His pose is representative of so many kiddos at this age.  The inclusion of the clock in the background and this hazy, dreamlike effect add to the nostalgia of this everyday childhood image.








I love a good puddle jumping picture, but this one goes way beyond that!  The tones and movement here are gorgeous and I love that little detail of the skeleton shirt. 








This is representative of how I feel in the garden.  
It's all a miracle out there - a sparkly, growing, overwhelmingly beautiful miracle.








I love the placement of the child in this image!
It's like he's just snuck up behind me and BAM - water fight!!!!






and the winner is....







This isn't the first time I've seen this image, but it draws me in every time.  I mean, that bokeh!  I think I even see one of the bokeh smiling because it's so awesome ;-).   Those warm colors against the summer sky and the playful movements in the background make me long for a little more summer time as the kids start heading back to school. 


Thank you again for submitting such gorgeous images this week!

Mel Karlberg Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts