Saturday, January 23, 2016

This Week's Guest Judge: Tiffany Kelly!



This week, Tiffany of Tiffany Kelly Photography asked you to photograph the little things. Here, she shares some of her on beautiful work, and some reflections on the art and business of photography.



1. Tell us about yourself...! 

Hi there! I'm Tiffany! I am a photographer who shoots families, children, newborn and maternity work. I also shoot a lot of personal work - primarily my own kids and macro. I live in the suburbs of Atlanta GA with my awesome hubby, two adorable girls, and our aging mutt. Some of my favorite things are Starbucks, flowers, white wine, anything coconut, and dance parties with my kiddos. 



2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?

Definitely my kids. Becoming a mom is what sparked my interest in photography. I needed a way to slow down the time that was flying by and document the little details of childhood. My kids are my biggest inspiration now as well. 



3. What’s in your camera bag right now, what do use the most? the least?

I have a Nikon d800, Sigma 35 art and 50 art, Lensbaby velvet 56, and Nikon 105mm macro. I definitely use the 35 the most and the 50 the least currently. Especially now that it's winter and it's cold outside. I find myself shooting indoors mostly and I love the room the 35 gives me. 


4. What’s your dream project or shoot?

Oh this is a tough one... mostly I would love to be able to travel to beautiful places and photograph my daughters in those amazing places! 




5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?

Finding time to shoot all the things I want to shoot and implement all the ideas in my head! 



6. If you had $500 to spend on photography...!
How should you spend it?
How do you wish you could spend it?
How would you really spend it?

I probably SHOULD spend it by hiring an accountant or something instead of trying to do all those boring things myself. I WISH I could spend it taking a fun little mini trip to somewhere pretty and capturing that place through my lens. I would probably actually spend it by buying an online workshop and maybe some fancy flowers to shoot :) 




7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey?

To focus on my own progress and not worry about comparing myself to others. To remember to look back and see how far I've come.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts