Tuesday, January 12, 2016

{elements}

First of all, what I really need to say is WOW!

When I chose the theme of {The Elements}, I knew I'd see a lot of creative artistry, movement, and light, but I had no idea it would be so hard to choose the top winners!   You guys really blew me away with this one.  I chose this theme because as I have grown into my own 'style', I've noticed how much more I enjoy the photos that come alive when there is noticeable wind, water, light, and even some good ol' fashioned DIRT.  You all really brought it this week, so without further adieu, here are my top choices:


I have to admit, this was a VERY close 2nd.  I just love this image so much!  I adore the winter light, the way it was composed, and the movement in the kicking of the snow!  Such a wonderful photo.  






................................






I really love the motion, depth of field, gorgeous jewel tones and the light and bokeh given off by that fabulous spray of water.  Even the quieter elements of this photo make it great, like the reflection of the beach ball in the pool of water.  It's just beautifully done!





................................





The bold pop of color of the umbrella, subtle pop of the shoes, and dramatic light/dark contrast here made it one of my favorites.  Plus, it reminded me a bit of Singin' in the Rain!





................................





This shot reminds me why negative space can be so amazing in photograph.  I love the way it was composed and the story it is just on the brink of telling.





................................





I kept coming back to this one.  The mystery, moodiness, and way it was intentionally shot out of focus just makes me want to stare.  Beautifully done.





................................





This is such a wonderful family photo.  I absolutely adore the way they are all connected and love that they weren't afraid to get dirty!  There is so much depth to the photo and the edit is so beautiful.  I would love to have something like this on my own wall one day!





................................





I love this image.  It is such a still, serene winter scene and I love the way it was shot/focused.   I just love the fresh falling snow, too.  Beautiful job.





................................





There are so many 'elements' here, and not even the earth elements, haha!  I love that we know we are looking at something beautiful here, although we aren'y sure exactly what, and that it definitely reminds me of fire!   The bokeh and colors are simply beautiful.  Love it!





................................





What don't I love about this one?  There is pure joy out there in that rain.  I love her facial expression, I love how the person holding her remains a bit mysterious, and I love how the timing of the shot made the drop of water fall right in the middle of her little mouth!  It's just adorable.  





................................





I literally said 'wow' to myself when I saw this photo.   Another beautiful example of negative space, but also, I love how the little one just looks so small compared to the surroundings.  The background is mysterious- almost spooky- and it's just a really, really COOL shot.





................................






and the winner is....









As I scrolled through all the images daily to leave comments, etc. for participants, this is the one I always came back to.  I LOVE how they are running in the rain and mud.  I also loved that they were running in the opposite direction of the camera, because somehow it adds mystery for me.  Were they laughing? Giggling?  Conspiring?  Had they just pulled a prank?  Were they running inside to stay dry or from a storm?  So many possibilities with this one.  The black and white edit is beautiful, and I loved the gorgeous background, too.  That road seems to go on forever and it's such a pretty scene, even in the rain!   It's just a great shot all around and I adore it.


Thank you so much to Snap Maven for allowing me the opportunity to guest judge, and to all of you for sharing your talents.  I mean it when I say I could have picked at least a handful more.  So much inspiration on this page!
xoxo,
Jessica

Instagram: @yeahshesnapsphoto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts