Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Meet This Week's Judge: Michelle Morris!


This week, we have the amaxingly talented Michelle of Michelle L. Morris Photography. Her style is immediately recognizable: minimal and emotive, and always beautiful. Read a little more about her here:



1. Tell us about yourself:

 I’m a full time, natural light, childhood and commercial photographer living in
Savannah, GA USA. I am a homeschool mom to three boys (ages 9, 5 and 3). I’m
married to my hottie high school sweetheart and if I wasn’t a photographer, I’d be a
chef. Maybe one day I can be both. I’ve enjoyed watching my “for photographers”
business grow over the last two years. I just published my third e-book and I can’t wait
to write another one.



2. What ignited your passion for photography? What fuels it now?

My passion for photography has always existed... as far back as childhood. I don’t
know what ignited my love for imagery all those years ago. The need to preserve
moments has always lived inside of me. Photography seemed like a natural
progression. What fuels my passion for photography now? Everything. Light, people,
my children, emotion, grass, sky, water.... everything I see provides inspiration for me.



3. What's in your camera bag?

I’m super minimal. I have the Canon 5D Mark iii and the 85mm f/1.2L and the 35mm
f/1.4L. That’s it. I use the 85 about 70% of the time. I love both lenses, for different
reasons.



4. What's your dream project?

My dream project would be a successful documentation of my boys life. I would love
to consistently shoot over the next 15 years and have an amazing finished piece to give
each child when they leave the nest.



5. What's the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?

Balance. With no close second.



6. If you had $500 to spend on photography...

What should you do with it?  Only $500, I should probably save it.

What do you wish you could do with it?  I wish I could find a deal on a new iPad, underwater housing, laptop, lensbaby and camera bag for $500 OTD.

What would you do with it? Probably on a new camera bag and maybe a lensbaby.



7. What do you wish someone had told you at the beginning of your journey in photography?

I wish I had accepted that time and practice are of utmost importance in building
your craft. I wanted my imagery to be great, right away. I didn’t enjoy the journey. I
wish I had.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts