Thursday, June 16, 2016

Meet This Week's Judge: Mike Wade




This week, we welcome Mike Wade of Rural Life Photography, as he shares some thoughts on the art of photography, and his own interpretations of the theme "The moment I realized..." . Enjoy! 




“The moment I realized that you [won’t be around forever]” (My Dad)

1.   Tell us a little about yourself…

Hello everyone!!! I’m glad to be guest judging at Snap Maven this week and hope that you guys enjoy the theme that I have selected. I live in a really small town in Central Texas (Population 106) with my wife, two boys, and our dog “Mavis”.


 
“The moment I realized that you [start Pre-K in August]”

2.       What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now?

My interest in photography began 6 years ago when I lived in Hawaii and began dating my wife. I wanted to capture the time that we spent together in such a beautiful place. I lost interest for a bit (like with most of my hobbies), but when my son Bennett was born I began to push myself to actually learn composition, light, and editing. My children continue to fuel my passion for lifestyle/documentary photography.


“The moment I realized that you [wouldn’t be little forever]”

3.       What’s in your camera bag right now, what do you use the most? the least?

Canon 6D, 35mm ART, 50mm ART, 85mm 1.8, 100mm 2.8, and a couple of flashes. I just purchased the 35mm ART lens and it hasn’t left my camera body but prior to that I used the 50mm ART for everything. The lens that I use the least would have to be the 85mm. Using a longer focal length has been difficult for me to get used to, but I haven’t given up!



“The moment I realized that you [can almost reach the pedals]”

4.       What’s your dream project or shoot?

This is a tough question! If I had to choose one, I think it would be to document a family road trip from Texas to Wyoming and photographing every stop along the way!

 

“The moment I realized that you [won’t always bathe together]”

5.       What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?
Being original. I feel like I’m in a constant struggle to capture a moment from a different perspective.



“The moment I realized that [you have out grown Thomas the Train]”

6.       If you had $500 to spend…

How should you spend it?
A gift for my wife!

How do you wish you could spend it?
A gift for my wife?

How would you really spend it?
Vintage clothes for my little guys.


“The moment I realized that you [will one day leave]”

7.       Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey?

Yes!!! I wish they would have told me that the bracket buttons increase or decrease your brush size in photoshop!



“The moment I realized that [you won’t always want to be just like me]”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts