Friday, March 27, 2015

Feature Friday with Lana Norton!

We're thrilled to share a peek into the life or our last week's challenge winner.  Lana Norton won our 'character' challenge, and is now sharing a bit about her gear and her style.



1. Please tell us about yourself...

 Ottawa, Ontario is where I call home. My husband and I have a daughter who is eight, and growing up too fast and we added Smores to our family last winter. He is our rescue pup. I do not have a photography page yet, for now I like to keep things personal with my Facebook friends and you can follow along with me. I would love to have a few more friends!
 In photography we find the light that illuminates our lives and strive to capture it. In my daily life I work on electrical power systems. I am sure there is a great metaphor there, but for now, I just love and enjoy what I do. 




2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?

 Authentic, Emotional and Memorable. Authenticity, because it reflects the {Character} of the individual. Pretty dresses and smiles only take me so far. I want to remember your 100 times washed favourite pair of blue jeans, because they are you! Life is emotional, and life doesn't get any better than that. Embrace it because it is yours. Our connections with each other make life memorable. Photography allows me to capture that for you. 



3. What sparked your passion for photography?

 I always knew there was something there. The light that catches your eye, the way the sun warms up your soul on a cool day. Having my daughter just gave me an excuse to purchase a camera. 



4. What's in your camera bag right now?

 My d3300, a couple lenses and my Nikkor 35mm 1.8. My 35mm lives on my camera. And although I would love to upgrade my body and purchase a few new lenses, I love my husband more, so the lenses and body can wait <3 



5. What is your dream shoot or project?

 My dream shoot, would be, where my clients embraced their surroundings. I want to photograph happy people enjoying their lives. Happiness isn't tied up in material things, happiness lives within our relationships. The world needs a little more love you as you are people. 



6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?

 In the beginning it wasn't until my heart and SOOC matched, that my heart became happy. When you find a true photographer, you will know, their work speaks to your soul. Photography is more than pretty pictures.  




7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?

 To the Newbie, commit to a 365 project. It will help you grow in ways you never imagined. 






Thank you for sharing Lana, and we look forward to seeing more of your work <3















No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts