Monday, December 29, 2014

Feature Friday with MColichio Photography!

Monika Colichio of MColichio Photography is the winner of our Holiday Traditions challenge from just before Christmas and she has graciously taken a break from the festivities to share a bit about her life with us <3

1. Please tell us about yourself...

 Sure! I originally came from Poland. My whole side of the family lives still there.
I get home sick during the Christmas season a lot!
Before photography, the garage was my favorite place to be. Not kidding! Electric saw and all.
I easily could be a fruit tester, especially oranges... I have high expectations of them.
Love to eat. ALL THE TIME.
Since "Gray's Anatomy" started, I've watched all of the episodes, which is how i spend my relaxing time.




2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?

 My style... moody, truthful, dramatic describes it well. I like photography with a lot of emotions, so I try capture that as much as I can.




3. What sparked your passion for photography?

 I like to think that spark was in me all along… I didn’t realize how much I inherited from my dad and his craftsmanship until I found myself in my garage making a bed for my daughter. It wasn’t until my kids were born when I got my first DSLR. I carried it everywhere in the diaper bag. I was so excited that I could capture some of the precious moments and keep them with me a little longer. I was a mom and hobbyist for 4 years. A couple of years ago, I upgraded my camera and started to find my voice. Photography is a huge part of my life now.




4. What's in your camera bag right now?

 I use a Nikon D750, recently swapped a Nikkor 50mm 1.4 for Sigma 35, lensbaby edge 80, Nikkor 85 1.8, Nikkor 28 1.8 which might be switched for a 50 again ;).




5. What is your dream shoot or project?

 My dream shoot is really any shoot when I truly connect with my subject. One day I would love to visit India and photograph away anything!




6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?

 Well, I had truly no idea what it means to be in business. There is so much more to it than being a good photographer.




7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?

 Grow. Don't rush yourself, and don't compare. It is easy to forget about that.


You can find more of Monika's gorgeous work here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts