Friday, December 12, 2014

Feature Friday with Tess Runion Photography!

We're thrilled that Tess Runion of Tess Runion Photography, the winner of last week's 'tradition' challenge, has shared some more of her fabulous work with us!

 


1. Please tell us about yourself...
1. I'm a wife and momma to my 3 kiddos, Hannah (16), Gavin (11) and Sophie Jane (9). I live in the best city, Richmond, Virginia and spend many weekends at our family mountain house in Nellysford, Virginia. I am in love with my family, our good friends, Afton Mountain, good wine, and of course, my camera.



2.       Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?
2. In three words I would describe my work as honest, emotive and documentary.



3.       What sparked your passion for photography?
3. My photography journey started almost 2 years ago. I had always been drawn to photographs and finally it felt like the right time in my life to invest in my first DSLR. I threw myself in with truly no idea what I was getting into. Photography instantly became an extension of myself. I am completely self-taught and continue to learn something new every day.


4.       What's in your camera bag right now?
4. I am a Nikon girl. In my Ketti camera bag I have my Nikon D600 with my 35mm 1.4 on it 90% of the time. I carry in there my 50mm 1.4 and an 85mm 1.8....extra memory cards, battery, business cards, baby wipes, tissues, chapstick and my cell. 



5.       What is your dream shoot or project?
5. My dream shooting is 100% documentary lifestyle, something that can be a hard sell since people still love classic portraits. 



6.       What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?
6. I thought photography was going to be a fun "job". I was completely taken by surprise when almost immediately it became a part of my identity. I didn't realize how emotional photography was going to be for me. I'm inspired by so many in this community and am amazed at how willing everyone is to share knowledge and motivation!




7.       What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?
7. Do what speaks to you. Don't try to imitate others. Know that this is a creative process and that your photography will evolve every single day. Know that one day (it took me until now) it'll all just click and you'll feel at peace with what you're producing. 

Find more of Tess' beautiful work here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts