Thursday, December 17, 2015

Meet This Week's Judge: Tess Runion



Tess of Tess Runion Photography invites you to share your holiday traditions through photos this week. We are excited to hare her beautiful work and thoughts about photography with you:



1. Tell us about yourself...

I am a wife and momma of 3 crazy kiddos. I live in Richmond, Virginia and spend many weekends in the mountains of Nellysford. I love spending time with my family. I am inspired by a good photograph, good wine and good friends.


 2. What ignited your passion for photography, and what fuels it now? 

I had always loved photographs where there was a clear story. I started taking pictures of my kids with my first DSLR in 2012 and really loved documenting what I thought was real and ordinary. That spoke to me. While now I am still fueled by them and documenting our life, I am driven by so many great photographer connections I have made and simply driven by the desire to get better and better at this.


3. What’s in your camera bag right now, what do use the most? the least? 

Nikon D600, Sigma 35mm 1.4, Nikon 50mm 1.4. The Sigma rarely comes off my camera!



4. What’s your dream project or shoot? 

I love to document families at home. But as far as a dream shoot, I would really love to get involved with more local businesses and capture more marketing type photography. 


5. What is the biggest challenge you face as a photographer?

Confidence in my work. Giving myself a break knowing that not every image is going to be perfect. I'm constantly telling myself that as long as the pictures I take serve as my memory and are special to my family and friends, than that's what truly matters.


 6. If you had $500 to spend on photography... How should you spend it? How do you wish you could spend it? How would you really spend it? 

I would definitely take a workshop or 2! The Magic of Light with Summer Murdock would be my first choice!


7. Is there any one thing you wish someone had told you at the very beginning of your photography journey? 

I wish I had known it was going to be a journey. Had no idea photography was going to be a part of my identity and that I wouldn't find my voice for a long time. I would tell someone starting out that all the social media outlets, forums, groups, etc. are fun and validating but you have to love your own work first. Then everything else is just a bonus.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts