Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wire Wednesday From The Branch at Snap Maven

Not too long ago, Snap Maven had it's first birthday, and to celebrate how far we had come, 

we decided to go even further and create two private invite only groups for those photographers 

whose images had been selected for top ten honors.



The first being a very select group just for those

who had won the overall theme which we call The Nest

and the second group for the overall top ten 

winners called The Branch.



In The Branch, there are just over 120 members, a number being added to weekly.

We have a theme contest going on in this group too 

and the very first winner of this challenge for the theme

of "lines" 

was Sonia Klostermair of Sonia Epple Fotografie

This was the winning image...


This was a very difficult decision, but the way the freelensing combined with perspective created vibration of the lines really stood out to me, especially considering the subject matter!




So without further ado, I would like to introduce you to this fabulous photographer who,
if you are not already, you should be following!




<<<<>>>>





1. Please tell us about yourself


I'm a photographer with all my heart and passion, 
at the same time wife and mom of 3 beautiful, lovely and amazing children!
I love people, to travel, to play violin, viola, piano, flute and guitar, to create art,
 to find beauty in everything and everywhere...
I'm a cosmopolitan, born in france, half english, half german, lived in different countries, 
spent my first 3 years in a bus and caravan, 
I have an adopted Ethiopian brother, two english siblings and half Nepalese children. 
Quite complicated :-) But I love diversity and colorful life stories.






 ~~~~~~~~~~




2. Can you describe your style in 3 words?



warm, rich, real



 


~~~~~~~~~






3. What sparked your passion for photography?
Definitely my kids. I always loved to photograph (I bought my first SLR with my pocket money when I was 13), 
but once you have kids you realize how special and important little moments 
are and you want to hold on to them forever, 
bc time suddenly flies once you have kids and with the wink of an eye
your babies walk, run and start walking away.
I want to use my reportage style portraiture to capture all these unscripted moments of life. 





~~~~~~~~~~~







4. What's in your camera bag right now?
Canon 5D, 50mm (1.4), 35mm (2.0), 85mm (1.8)







~~~~~~~~






5. What is your dream shoot or project?

families - I love to capture true, real relationships. 
I like to freeze the emotions, mood, feelings and the bond between them. 
And I want to get the parents into the pictures, bc I believe, that these will be the pictures their children 
(and grandchildren) will cherish once they grow up







~~~~~~~~~~~




6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?

I thought photographers were quite arrogant, but we are not (I can tell as a photographer now) :-)









~~~~~~~~~~





7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?

A saying I have on my door: 
"The only photographer you should compare yourself with, is the one you used to be“
The development you take will lift you up - believe me.
And search for your style all the time.
Once you found it you will know it and it will be such a relief.







To see more of Sonia's gorgeous imagery, you can visit her here...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts