Tuesday, October 21, 2014

{shapes}

There were so many unique interpretations of the theme and I loved looking through all of them.   
All of you talented photographers did not make this easy, but I have finally narrowed it down.



I think if adults had the ability to drop the seriousness and be like this more often, 
the world would be a happier place.  
The leading lines and framing just make it that much more awesome!  
I've looked at this photo several times and smile every time.



.......................



This speaks to the mom photographer in me.  
I can just see this scene between mom and daughter.  
"Go get in that coffin and look at me creepy like."  
Then, there's the pause.  Will she do it?  Are we in a picture mood?  Will the stars align?  
Oh, yes, they aligned here!  The shapes, the sign, the look, the processing -- awesome!
  


.......................




Oh, the joy of fresh picked veggies.  
I love how the dirt adds to the emotion of this beautifully composed photo.  
The simplicity, the lines, and the color are amazing, but I especially love that it transports me to one of my favorite places and smells - in the garden with fresh dirt.




.......................




 These colors are wonderful - I want to go here!  
I love the reflection, all of those beautiful curves and the balance between the orbs and the lily pads.  Just gorgeous.
  


.......................



I love cows.  One of the things I love is imagining what they are trying to say to us with those big expressive eyes, so the point of view here is awesome.  
Add in that awesome sky, beautiful colors and composition and this photo is just perfect!
  


.......................



This is just stunning in its perfect simplicity.   That sky is breathtaking.



.......................



 The depth of field and framing here is perfect to highlight the shape of that sweet piggy nose and that hint of a smile.  
I love the colors and processing here too.




.......................



What gorgeous colors!  
I feel like that paintbrush is pointing us to a wonderful piece of artwork just out of the frame.  
The multiple stories that I came up with looking at this photo make it that much more fun.




.......................



 I can just hear the giggles coming immediately after this shot.  
That expression, the framing and the perfectly complimentary colors are wonderful.
  



.......................



I love how this shot uses the perfect depth of field to tell a story with just shapes.  
I have been on many road trips full of so many memories, and this shot brings back so many of them. 





.......................





And the winner is


There is so much to love about this shot.  
The colors and the texture, the balance between all of elements, the beauty amongst the ruins.  
I love the processing here - bold and colorful, but not overdone.  


What a beautiful week!  Thank you for submitting such gorgeous shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts