Friday, October 10, 2014

Feature Friday with Denise of Catchnkiss Photography!!!

Last week's challenge was texture, and our winner was Catchnkiss Photography!  Denise has graciously shared some of her story with us here.



1. Please tell us about yourself...

1. Im a mother of two gorgeous boys, Marley 5 and Jalen 2. Born and raised in Sydney Australia, recently moved to the sunny Gold coast for a slower paced lifestyle. My partner of 11 years Nathan is a wonderful father and a big supporter of my work.
My love of photography started in high school, just over 20 years ago.




2.       Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?

2. Three words to describe my style: raw, pure and honest.
My images are from the heart, what i see is what i create



3.       What sparked your passion for photography?

3. My passion for photography sparked when i felt i needed more, when i just wanted to shoot, it was an urge and i knew that it was right for me so i continued to capture



4.       What's in your camera bag right now?

4. My Camera contains the following: Canon 5dMark11, Canon 50mm 1.4 lens, Canon 135mm lens, Canon 200mm Lens, 580ex11 speedlight flash



5.       What is your dream shoot or project?

5. My dream shoot/project is birth photography



6.       What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?

6. My misconception about photography at the start of my journey was that photography processing was changing. I started photography in the Dark room, processing prints manually and loved every minute of it, then digital was introduced and photography was moving into a new direction. I didn't want to accept change and believed the meaning of photography was lost in a world of computers and digital imaging. Images that were being produced by photographers were computer manipulated and distorted and to me it was not genuine, raw and from the heart,  I decided not to continue photography for a long time because of this. As time passed by, many years later, my first child was born and i didnt want to just take happy snaps, I wanted my images to shine, show emotion and create reactions. I was eager to learn again, appreciate change is good and grow and develop. 
I missed it and so I studied, i interacted with other photographers again and became confident each time i took a photo and trusted myself and believed that if i loved what i did then it will reflect in my work regardless if it was manual or digitally created.



7.       What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?

7. My advise to newbie photographers is create and share the love of photography. its a gift to be able to capture moments in time. 
Advise i wish was given to me at the very beginning is - don't give up what you love doing, don't be afraid of change. 



Find more of Catchnkiss Photography's lovely work here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts