Thursday, October 23, 2014

Meet This Week's Judge: Vanessa Day



Vanessa of Vanessa Day Photography shares the truth in her snapshots of motherhood in a series of revealing and intimate portraits: 



"The inspiration for my self-portraits of motherhood actually came from Dana Pugh’s 5 Minute Project  She had started a project where she would pick up her camera for five minutes and then share what she captured. After sharing a few of these, she started a new blog and requested submissions. I was pondering ideas for this blog when I stared down at my hands in the soapy dish water and thought, this is all I see every day, this is what I should capture. The years of motherhood with little ones can feel awfully small, stifling and overwhelming but can also be full of joy and beauty. I often feel as though I am straddling two worlds, one I am barely surviving, the other I can hardly drink in enough of it. My goal in taking these self-portraits is to document the conflict of these worlds and foster humility and empathy within myself and my sisterhood."















No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts