Thursday, July 9, 2015

Meet This Week's Judge: Courtney Rust

This week, Courtney of Rusty Lens Photography is judging your "kitchen table" offerings. Enjoy her beautiful photos and words of inspiration!



Tell us about yourself:

Hi! I’m Courtney. I’m a Taurus, I love long walks in the rain. I was voted most likely to eat my own young by my peers in high-school and then somehow I ended up with five.  Not sure what that says about me. I’m married to my love of my life and I am rarely, without a camera to my face.



What ignited your passion for photography? What fields it now?

I’m not sure how to explain my passion for photography. I think it’s somehow related to my compulsion to push buttons. No one ever likes going in the elevator with me. But, nonetheless I got into photography and it runs through my veins, it’s my life-force.



What's in your camera bag?

Probably a few diapers, some receipts. I rarely keep my bag loaded. If I’m going out I throw whatever lens is on there, usually the 35mm and go. I keep a stash of lenses on the mantle in my living room so that I can swap them out and shoot throughout the day. Most often I shoot with the 24mm 1.8, 35mm 1.4, or 105mm 2.8. But, I like to vary it up and grab a different lens every now and then. Or if I see wildlife in the reservoir behind our house I’ll get out the BFL (50-500mm) and go throw on the red Hunter boots and see what I can find.


What's your dream project?

Going on Safari in South Africa and shooting wildlife.



What's your biggest challenge in photography?

My biggest challenge is probably the same as anyone else, battling my fears and doubts. I’m a relatively private person so I worry about how much I put out there.



If you had $500 to spend on photography...

I am never without a wishlist. Unfortunately in photography, it seems to only get more expensive the more you buy! Haha. Oh dear. Ok. So, I have been eyeing the Sigma 24mm Art, but I’m also trying to find my perfect camera bag. Epiphanie has a new leather one that I have been trying to justify. If 500$ fell in my lap that might find a way to come home with me.


What advice do you wish someone had told you s at the beginning of your journey?

Haha. I wish someone had told me, in the beginning you will think you are much better than you are. And when you are better, you will doubt yourself more than when you were starting. Funny how that works out.





Thank you so much for joining us this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts