Tuesday, February 24, 2015

{february}

I loved all of the submissions this week!  
I often pair photographs with poems, I love how each line of a poem can mean something different to everyone, leaving the theme sort of open.  Every one has such different things going on in February.  From the cold of winter to the lovely summer days, it is all happening, and we love to celebrate Valentine’s Day here, the heart images are so beautiful! 




  
what a beautiful moment captured.  I love the little finger reaching up to touch the shadow of the heart.  I am a big fan of hearts and just love seeing their shadows dance from the hearts hanging in our windows. I like this black and white edit and the back of the child’s head. 
 









.......................................








Oh how I wish this was my reality this February!  I love the light and the blur and the colors and the little foot. I really wish I could just step into this image!
 








.......................................







This little one just seems to be having one of those beautiful moments walking so tentatively out into the fresh falling snow.  It really is so magical, those first few flakes, that dusting on the ground!  Love the pointy hat and boots too! 
 









.......................................







Oh my goodness, such joy here!  Red is my favorite color against the white of winter, and I love that their two red coats almost seem to make a heart in this month of love!  Great focus!







.......................................







So sweet!  Our daughter is an avid bird watcher (and painter) and she has her collection of bird feeders set up just outside of the kitchen table window.  We spend many hours over the winter watching our feathered friends come to eat and rest in the snow.  It is such a peaceful and beautiful pastime. This one is just so perfectly captured and still with the snow falling.  I feel like I am sitting at my table sipping tea, a part of this moment!
 









.......................................







 White!  That is what February is like in my neck of the woods.  Just white, I love the color and the frozen moment at the top of the sledding hill.  Just so great to see that pop of color!
 









.......................................







Zoombug Photography 
Oh my goodness, I love this little hand against the cold cold window!   I can feel the frost of the window, and the warmth of inside.  The little bare arm inside is such a great contrast to the cold of the outside!
 









.......................................







 This is so sweet!  I love the soft light in her hair and coming through the beautiful pink of the balloons.  Such a great place to rest in your party shoes in the winter. 
 









.......................................







 Now this is a drink Image I can get behind!  I love those pretty hearts swirling about in this cup of coco!  What a great idea, I would have been moved to capture moment!  Such great framing and color!  Love love!








.......................................







I love the stillness of this image. Such a sweet and beautiful moment of winter stillness! I love the framing of the trees and the snow and just a bit of her hat.








.......................................







and the winner is...




 This is our reality here.  Spot on, exactly what it looks like and feels like to live here in Connecticut this February.  I have thought of going out to take an almost exact image a few time.  I have stopped my car and thought about going out to take an image as the wind wiped the icy cold snow in torrents across the street.  But I never summed the courage to go out in the wind gusts.  I love that this image is able to convey exactly what it feels like this February!

Thank you all for submitting. 
I really enjoyed seeing what everyone created and seeing all the different takes on February!


Lifestyle photographer specializing in newborn, children, family and events in natural light!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts