Tuesday, February 10, 2015

{shadows}

Wow! I have been totally blown away by the submissions for this theme. As photographers, we tend to focus on the light. But the shadows you all submitted this week just rocked. 
I love the story element that shadows added to the images. 

I just love the story in this image. The soft shadow, the bright light from the window, and the conversion are amazing. 





................................





This light in stunning, and the shadows are divine. It is a simple moment but so beautifully captured and edited. 





................................





I love how the light is shining on the little one, and Mum is hidden in the shadows. 
There is an emotive image, and the shadows add to the story. 





................................





​Oh this made me laugh. This is a great childhood moment. The conversion is amazing. 





................................





​I love that this is colour. It would have been so tempting to edit this in black and white, but the colour adds to the story. 
It feels like summer on a hot day, and the shadows are a great place to hide out. 





................................




This is an ordinary moment, and I love the beauty of this image. The shadows, the composition, and the edited are exquisite. 






................................






​This is perfect. I love the conversion, the morning light, and the emotion in this image. 






................................





​I love how dramatic these shadows are. I love the lines, and the composition. It is gorgeous. 






................................





​I really love this street scene. The flare, and the edit are beautiful.This is stunning. 






................................





The long shadows in this image are divine. It is a gorgeous scene,  with many elements. 
Each time I look, I found something new. Awesome. 





................................





And the winner is.....



April Kraus Photography
I loved this image as soon as it popped into my newsfeed. And I kept coming back to it. I am not sure if it is the shadows, the lines, the blur, the texture, or the edit that make this image. But the combination is amazing. 
Truly, a piece of art.
  



collection compiled by Cindy Cavanagh of Image 421 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts