Friday, March 13, 2015

Feature Friday with Sonja Stich fotografias

Sonja Stich of Sonja Stich fotografias was the winner of last week's 'beauty in the mundane' challenge, and we're thrilled that she has shared some more of her stunning work here, as well as a peek into her camera bag and more!



1. Please tell us about yourself...

I am German and moved to Spain three years ago. I'm obsessed with the mediterranen light and the beautiful shadows it creates. My family and I live in Barcelona but we spend a lot of time in nature. So our life is split between two countries and between city and countryside. Before I started with photography two years ago I studied graphic design and worked as a designer. So, colors, shapes and composition were quite natural for me from the beginning. What is new and fascinating to me is that photography is able to capture emotions and connections between people.




2. Can you describe your style in 3 words? Why those words?

This is difficult to answer. Others described my style as raw, spontaneous and soulful.





3. What sparked your passion for photography?

My children. I loved and still love to capture their adventurous spirit, their joy of discovery and imagination. And the light which is so soft and bright at the same time here in Spain.




4. What's in your camera bag right now?

Two days ago I got my first full frame camera, a Nikon D750. Before I photographed with a D7000. I own a 50mm lens, 35mm lens and lensbaby sweet35





5. What is your dream shoot or project?

Recently I did two dream shoots with friends of mine. I learned the "beloved" technique which is designed to get natural expressions during photoshootings and it worked so very well and it was such a fulfilling experience for them and for me. My dream is to continue to shoot with this technique for clients.




6. What are some of the misconceptions you had about photography and photographers at the beginning of your photography journey? Have they changed, and how?

In the beginning I thought technical perfection was important. But then very qickly I realized that, at least for me, the goal to be technically flawless hinders my creativity and makes my images flat and lifeless.




7. What advice would you give to newbie photographers? What advice do you wish you'd been given at the very beginning?

Just listen to your own voice. Be inspired by others but try to be true to your work. Don't work for clients before you found your voice.




Find more of Sonja's gorgeous work here:
Facebook | Website (coming soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts